whistlelock

Whiskey Rebel
Registered
Reaction score
Somehow I ended up in Fort Worth. Dunno how that h

Jimmyboy1

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone foolish enough to have HRC as VP... Their life would be over the first time they flew without her. Ask Ron Brown's pilot.

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
If he keeps contradicting Obama and the ads, he's gonna get kicked out.

Agreed. I like Biden because he's a loose cannon, but he has seemed a bit.......off the cuff, lately. Even more so than usual. I'd be happy if he stayed on. He'd be a better VP than the last three VPs we've had. (Not that that bar was set real high, mind you) But if Clinton did wind up on the ticket I can safely say it wouldn't sway my vote either.

But it doesn't matter as I don't see this happening. It's an internet rumor and it's being reported as something potentially serious by Faux News. Double whammy.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
And I think the HRC has her eyes on TK's job as the most powerful Demo around. She might just be waiting for him to .....pass on in hopes of getting his magic stick. IMHO

Claudia Gray

Registered
Reaction score
I think this is only a rumor. If they were going to fake some health crisis by Biden, he'd already be chalking up "mysterious absences." Instead he's plowing away on the trail.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Well we know that Mr Kangaroo was a captain, but the real question is did Mr Rogers out rank him? :D

No. The naval appellation of "Mr." is, I believe, reserved for junior officers under the command of a captain. I'm an Army vet, though, and the rank of "captain" in the Army is several grades below the rank of "captain" in the Navy (which is equivalent to an Army colonel). So, Naval vets are welcome to correct me if I have a misapprehension here.

caw

ErylRavenwell

Banned
Reaction score
I hope this is true because I don't know what Obama campaign was thinking when they chose Biden over Hillary. 18 millions cracks in the ceiling is a clear message. With Hillary, he would have no problem winning Ohio and Pennsylvannia, and since Obama is set to win NM (a red state) and Virginia (which Kerry lost), Florida becomes irrelevant.

Last edited:

johnnysannie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
leeannsontheimermurphywriterauthor.blogspot.com
I really think that it is an internet rumour but it's not totally impossible although very unlikely at this stage of the election.

In 1972, Thomas Eagleton was tabbed as the VP candidate by McGovern but bowed out after 18 days.

With six weeks or less until the election, it would be a major switch now and I can't see it happening, not especially after Bill Clinton has come out with saying Hillary would have accepted the VP slot if offered out of duty but that she did not really want it.

ErylRavenwell

Banned
Reaction score
I really think that it is an internet rumour but it's not totally impossible although very unlikely at this stage of the election.

In 1972, Thomas Eagleton was tabbed as the VP candidate by McGovern but bowed out after 18 days.

With six weeks or less until the election, it would be a major switch now and I can't see it happening, not especially after Bill Clinton has come out with saying Hillary would have accepted the VP slot if offered out of duty but that she did not really want it.

Six weeks or a month from the election is actually the ideal time. Any sharp gain in such a short time is difficult to counter.

johnnysannie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
leeannsontheimermurphywriterauthor.blogspot.com
Six weeks or a month from the election is actually the ideal time. Any sharp gain in such a short time is difficult to counter.

It might be the ideal time IF it creates a upward bounce for the party that changes horses but if not, it would be a death knell to a campaign.

I think a change would create such controversary that it might be damaging rather than a positive factor.

OneTeam OneDream

Been a long time...
Registered
Reaction score
I hope this is true because I don't know what Obama campaign was thinking when they chose Biden over Hillary. 18 millions cracks in the ceiling is a clear message. With Hillary, he would have no problem winning Ohio and Pennsylvannia, and since Obama is set to win NM (a red state) and Virginia (which Kerry lost), Florida becomes irrelevant.

If Obama wins Virginia I'd be very, very shocked. I know what the polls say, but I'm telling you, I'd be willing to place money on the fact that he won't win VA.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com

Obama is actually leading in most polls. I'd be surprised he would do such a gamble at this late stage. It could backfire easily.