• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

I need a writing buddy. Fantasy/soft SF, short and novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkwing

Hello all,

I'm a grad student, but I'm not going to be one for much longer (YAY!). As soon as I wrest my (partial) freedom from the jaws of academia, I intend to get back to writing. Hardcore. But I have a problem. I need a kick in the pants. I need deadlines, and I need a little moral support. I'm a member of a writing group, but so far the meetings have been sporadic at best, and I need more structure than they're currently offering.

So! I'm coming here to find someone who'd willing to be my writing buddy. Basically I'm thinking we would check in with each other once a week at least, set writing goals, swap work for crit mattering on our time availability, etc.

I write mainly fantasy and some soft science fiction. I've two novels in the works and have been writing short stories for magazine submission. In terms of writing level, I basically know what I'm doing but am not quite doing it well enough to get published yet. I'm looking for someone basically in the same boat, or maybe even someone who has done a little publishing.

I'd also be open to a mentor situation, although I know that people who are in a position to be a mentor have busy lives.

So, anyone who'd like to buddy up?

Darkwing

I think I've found a couple people to be my buddies. :) Thank you everyone who read and replied to my query!

Status
Not open for further replies.