Judge orders woman beaten by her children's father to send him letters in prison.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
From the Almost Unbelievable files:

A woman who was brutally beaten by her ex-fiance has been ordered to write letters to the man.

Natalie Allman, 29, was left with her throat slashed and bruises on her face.

But in her town in England, a judge ruled that she must stay in contact with her ex and send him letters and pictures of their children.

If she doesn't, she could go to jail for contempt of court.

Allman was ordered to send her ex three letters a year, updating him on their twin sons, even though the brutal attack happened in front of the children.

I want so much for there to be more to this story, but I can't quite imagine what extenuating circumstances would make this any less outrageous.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Item on this in The Telegraph.

(ETA: Should mention that there's a fairly shocking photo in this article.)

A mother who was tortured for seven hours and had her throat slashed in front of her twin sons has been forced to write to her attacker, and could face jail herself if she refuses.

Natalie Allman, 29, feared for her life as she was battered with a dumb-bell and required reconstructive surgery after evil Jason Hughes, 42, left her with deep lacerations on her neck.

The twisted former Territorial Army soldier attacked her because he wanted to make her look "ugly" after she dumped him.

Last edited:

Dreity

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean, does the order specify that they have to be NICE letters?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe this could be a simple guideline.

Dear Abusive Motherfucker,

Here are the yearly pictures of your children I am court ordered to send you. Oh, I will spend the rest of my life fighting to ensure you NEVER see these children in person again. If you ever come never me again, I will hit you with a baseball bat in the head, remove the skin from your testicles and penis with a potato peeler and then ram it down your motherfucking throat.

Fuck you very much,
The woman you tortured, tried to kill, but is strong enough to survive you you pitiful, abusive ass.

Last edited:

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Well, that's pretty fucking outrageous. Forcing a victim of violent crime to have any sort of social contact with her attacker at all is absolutely cruel. Let alone the insanity of deciding a violent psychopath has parental rights.

Is there a process in the UK for striking off judges for numptitude?

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Well, that's pretty fucking outrageous. Forcing a victim of violent crime to have any sort of social contact with her attacker at all is absolutely cruel. Let alone the insanity of deciding a violent psychopath has parental rights.

Is there a process in the UK for striking off judges for numptitude?

The bad news is that, as much as I'd love this to be a UK anomaly, I discovered this article via Chuck Wendig's Facebook feed and there's a woman there, American, explaining that she's in the exact same situation.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
And the twins have to speak to him on the phone?!

I can't even believe he only got 9 years, looking at that slash across her neck. OMG.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have been unable to find a link to this story, but since it several years old there might not be one.

In NH a man killed his wife and was sentenced to life in prison. Their son went into foster care and his foster family wanted to adopt him. The boy's father fought against it and demanded to be included in all aspect of the boy's life, school, sports, report cards, etc.

The boy got a guardian ad ligtem, lawyer and sued to severe all ties and parental rights regarding his father. The boy won and was ultimately adopted by the family.

Perhaps this could be an option for these ids and their mothers.

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
I'd make arrangements to have the children adopted by someone in my family, then flip the judge off in court.

Part of me wants to hold out hope for the relationship between the boys and their father, thinking that he can fix whatever was broken in his mind that allowed him to do that to her.

But wow.

Then again, hearing that it's in the UK helps me understand why it's happening, although I saw what Perks said.

DancingMaenid

New kid...seven years ago!
Registered
Reaction score
This guy sounds like a potential danger to his kids, anyway, but regardless, I'm surprised the court couldn't arrange a third-party, like a social worker, who could facilitate contact without the mother having to be personally involved. Still not ideal since I doubt many people would want their children's other parent to have contact in a case like this, but it would make more sense than essentially requiring the woman to maintain a relationship with her abuser.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Who is this judge, anyway? Voted in or appointed? This story is so disturbing.

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
Seems like I see more really weird judicial decrees coming from the UK than in the US, so this doesn't really surprised me, although I took note of what Perks said about the American woman on Chuck Wendig's Facebook page.

There exists, I think, a huge difference what UK and US courts consider just. Maybe it's cultural. I'm thinking of self-defense decisions I've heard of, more than anything else. That may be a topic for another thread.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Who is this judge, anyway? Voted in or appointed? This story is so disturbing.

I'm under the impression that elected judges are a uniquely American thing, in the English-speaking world. I could be wrong in the UK's case.

I'll confess to a nasty bias. I thought this story was going to be from the USA, and I was prepared with a smug comment about elected judges. whoops.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I'm under the impression that elected judges are a uniquely American thing, in the English-speaking world. I could be wrong in the UK's case.

I'll confess to a nasty bias. I thought this story was going to be from the USA, and I was prepared with a smug comment about elected judges. whoops.

Heh. Yeah, I'm not a fan of elected judges (although locally it ends up the same as appointments would go because of endorsements, so meh).

But if elected, they'd better vote this judge out!

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
From the Almost Unbelievable files:

I want so much for there to be more to this story, but I can't quite imagine what extenuating circumstances would make this any less outrageous.

I thought the same thing. When someone is convicted of a violent crime, I don't see how anyone should be forced to have contact with them, let alone the one who was the victim of said violent crime. How is this woman supposed to explain to her kids why she has to do this?

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
How is this woman supposed to explain to her kids why she has to do this?
It's easy if she's just honest about it.

"Freedom is just an illusion, kids. There's a whole power structure out there that can demand you do stupid stuff, and if you refuse they can take your money or put you behind bars. But if you vote for the right people, that'll change one day."