amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
There are parts of that country that are above sea-level. I've been there. :D They have Neolithic ruins on them.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Besides, I'll be high and dry, and neither of you is now welcome here.

:D

Well, I now know what to tell you when disaster strikes in your neck of the woods. No room at the inn, bro. :evil

There are parts of that country that are above sea-level. I've been there. :D They have Neolithic ruins on them.

Yeees. And they're very close to my house, too! :Jump:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I'm back. Nobody drowned and we had a bunch of fun. I'm going to miss just getting out and roughhousing with my kids. It was mostly overcast, so I didn't even get a sunburn out of the deal.

Now I'm poooooooped. :e2yawn: Fighting... to stay awa.... zzzzzzzzz..... :sleepy:

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so very, very sorry.

But it's all Hillz's fault.

Nice try. That's all on you. And you have to live with the knowledge that you posted it...forever.

Or, as I call it, "Evening Wear."

:ROFL: Damn it, dude. I just cough-sploded hummus freaking everywhere.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
All's well that barely ends well. Turns out the cat's problem was not just nice, irritating UTI, but something that would have killed him if we hadn't brought him in first thing in the morning.

After numerous humiliating procedures, he's now sleeping on a pile of blankets in a closet and refuses to come out, but at least he's alive.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Eh, I'm such a whiner. Actually things are going pretty well, I just hurt places.

You're not a whiner. That sounds painful as hell. :( And while moving on top of your shoulder? That's like torture. *hugs*

All's well that barely ends well. Turns out the cat's problem was not just nice, irritating UTI, but something that would have killed him if we hadn't brought him in first thing in the morning.

After numerous humiliating procedures, he's now sleeping on a pile of blankets in a closet and refuses to come out, but at least he's alive.

Thank goodness you took him in! So glad he's okay.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice try. That's all on you. And you have to live with the knowledge that you posted it...forever.

But I wouldn't even know of it if you hadn't posted it last year.

Ergo, not my fault.

:D

I really should have finished law school. I'm a natural at shifting blame finding loopholes.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com

:Hug2:

With cats, it's hard to tell what's an eh situation and what's gonna kill them. 'Cause they look alike, sometimes.

K_Woods

9 of 10 Overlords prefer Evil Pie!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
web.itctel.com
Kid comes down at a quarter to nine saying he's hungry, I give him something simple to keep his stomach content (we had a light dinner, so at least this time it makes a little sense -- most of the time it's seemingly random), and the next thing I know he's almost shouting with glee that his tooth came out.

His first lost tooth. This almost feels as much a rite of passage for me as a parent as for him...and I haven't been able to get to the bank yet. Much less decide what denomination of coinage to surprise him with.

:e2smack:

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score

Yikes! Good on you for taking him in.

His first lost tooth. This almost feels as much a rite of passage for me as a parent as for him...and I haven't been able to get to the bank yet. Much less decide what denomination of coinage to surprise him with.

I always gave my kid chocolate -- didn't like the idea of starting a precedent about swapping body parts for money :)

Coincidentally, while packing last night I found the little teeny tiny envelope with that first lost tooth in it. Kind of creepy, kind of neat, remembering when my big kid was that small (she's taller than me now.) Enjoy the tooth fairy gig, however you play it out! :)

K_Woods

9 of 10 Overlords prefer Evil Pie!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
web.itctel.com
Yikes! Good on you for taking him in.

I always gave my kid chocolate -- didn't like the idea of starting a precedent about swapping body parts for money :)

Coincidentally, while packing last night I found the little teeny tiny envelope with that first lost tooth in it. Kind of creepy, kind of neat, remembering when my big kid was that small (she's taller than me now.) Enjoy the tooth fairy gig, however you play it out! :)

Heh, and no worries about what the chocolate would do to their new teeth? ;) (Good dental hygiene probably makes it a non-issue for most people, though.)

I'm not too worried about my son getting ideas about trading body parts for money from the tooth fairy gig (or rather, not until he's old enough to say it as a joke). If he hasn't already gotten the idea that the tooth-loss gift is celebrating part of growing up (he is REALLY excited about the fact that losing his baby teeth means his respective 'grown-up' teeth are coming in), I'll try and drive that point home more carefully in future events :)

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning cantinas :Sun:

Before I forget again. Bettie, Spanish grapefruit are 36p each over here at the moment.

I wrote heaps yesterday, heaps! *Checks notebook* Two and a half pages plus notes and a false start which is another half a page. I think I can get about 800 words on a page. Looks like I should get something in for the SFF challenge. :e2writer:

Should I pass out the coffee or have you all passed out already?

:Coffee:

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Cantina! Last day of the four-day Jubilee weekend here in the UK. And I have a printed-out draft of Partings and Greetings to work on while the processions etc are on in the background. Amongst others I will be using my godlike authorial powers and removing the protag's younger brother by merging him with her youngest sister.

I haven't seen Prometheus yet - I have tickets for next Sunday afternoon in London in IMAX 3D. Reviews and word of mouth are rather mixed so far. At least the trains to and from London won't be standing-room-only as they were on Sunday.

Thanks for the offer of coffee, Ali!

Are you up very late or very early, Fen?

Hope everyone is well.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
And if you're trying to say sea level isn't rising, I have some friends in the South Pacific who would very much like to argue with you.

:)

I'm pretty sure the government (or at least the media) has started planning for climate change refugees. You know, given that we're a pretty massive country quite close to these islands that are gradually loosing their land.

<snip>

Much less decide what denomination of coinage to surprise him with.

:e2smack:

When I was young, my best friend was of sri-lankan heritage, and her parents didn't do the tooth fairy. On finding out that the tooth fairy never came to her, I took it upon myself to write a note to my tooth fairy asking for this to be changed. I got an extra coin back and a little, tiny note that needed a magnifying glass to read it, explaining that this was for my best friend.

My parents obviously knew how to use a photocopier. One of the best memories of my childhood. :D

ION, 2/5 exams done. I'm really glad I didn't study for this mornings - would have been a colossal waste of time. I reckon it was passable if you didn't even go to the lectures :S

Status
Not open for further replies.