Goals and progress toward them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubay H.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
maryfrikkenpoppins.wordpress.com
Just when I was feeling down about the slow sales this week, I got some very kind reviews over the weekend.
I can't escape, now that I have a/fan/s to write for! :p

Oh, and putting in the last two scenes of my novella tonight.*

* Sponsored by Diet Mt. Dew

robertbevan

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Just when I was feeling down about the slow sales this week, I got some very kind reviews over the weekend.
I can't escape, now that I have a/fan/s to write for! :p

Oh, and putting in the last two scenes of my novella tonight.*

* Sponsored by Diet Mt. Dew

congratulations on being able to say you have "slow sales" in a period as short as a week. i had a sale yesterday, which makes this a great week for me.

Rubay H.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
congratulations on being able to say you have "slow sales" in a period as short as a week. i had a sale yesterday, which makes this a great week for me.

Oh, I see, well, let me rephrase that. I've had slow sales for a while, but the sadness of it caught up with me this week. :tongue

But yeah, I'm averaging about 1 sale a week, or one sale per hundred downloads of my free short story.
And interestingly enough, I'm noticing I get about 1 review per 200 downloads of the free one.
Too little data to know if that's an average, though...

Katallina

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kathyanncoleman.blogspot.com
Yeah. Time to quit stalling and get this to betas. I'm doing a final "real" read via my Kindle, but I do have a few friends who have offered and I will be sending it off. Hopefully they can catch any plot or character mix-ups and fix any comma errors (definitely one of my biggest weaknesses--I have to watch how much I use them.)

Glad you like the cover, Merri. :) I just got the final images in today and I'm really excited. :)

MMcDonald64

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
It's done! :hooray: It's done! :hooray: It's done! :hooray:

I'm really excited right now. :)

Congrats! It's a great feeling, isn't it?:D

I thought I finished my book yesterday and was so excited. Then I remembered one little scene I needed to write to keep something consistent. Grr...

Blenia

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ChristinaGGaudet.com
I just finished going through my editor's final proofing. My second YA novel, THE BOX should be going live tomorrow. I can't wait! Next on my list is to finish writing the sequel.

CrystalCierlak

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.crystalcierlak.com
Since last posting I finished "Zoe Thanatos", which came in at over 83,000 words. After an intense period of editing I finally released it and it is now on Smashwords and Amazon.

I really want to start working on the sequel but I have a semester of grad school starting up Monday and it's going to be a while before I have the mental strength to start writing. I'm thinking of writing a short story that takes place within the world I've created in the first novel so that I can at least keep the world alive.

It does feel good to have it finished and buyable.

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
Yay! My self-pubbed book got its Silver Star on ARe (Doesn't mean much if you don't write romance, but it was something I was worrying about!).

So my little baby doesn't have to sit there on the catalogue page without its little star. Phew!

Rubay H.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Congrats Katillina, Blenia, Crystal and Captcha!
I just finished revising my latest Novella. Now I need to type in the changes, comb through it again for typos and send it off to betas.
In the meantime I'm outlining the next two sequels and will start writing again Monday.

Good luck, everyone!

Tigerlilly79

Maybe I should see someone . . .
Registered
Reaction score
The first book of my trilogy is in the hands of an editor. I'm currently working on the second that I want to finish in a few weeks. My focus right not is finding a cover designer who can get my vision. This is the first thing I've ever written and I want it to be right.

Katallina

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kathyanncoleman.blogspot.com
60% through doing a final "final" read through before this goes to betas. So glad I decided to do that. I can't believe how many places I have found where I either have the wrong word (owned instead of opened, for instance) or where a letter would randomly be missing from a word. But I guess that's what happens for me during the writing stage and I made the right decision to sweep it one last time. I'm hoping to be done that today.

MMcDonald64

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
My first beta already got back to me with her notes! Just two days. Wow. Now to make my corrections, and follow through on her fantastic suggestions.

This book is a prequel to my series, which is already out, and so I was worried it would seem boring to someone who had already read the series (or even worse, boring to someone who hasn't!), but she loved it. If I can work through her suggestions, she thinks it'll be great. Mostly I had some timeline problems trying to match up with the current first book in the series.

Lesson learned--write the prequel first.

Status
Not open for further replies.