The Daily Rejection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hathor

Goddess of Rationalization
Registered
Reaction score
Tee hee. Just got form rejection from agent with same first (real) name as me. One line. "Not for us, thanks."

YOU'RE WELCOME!

:D

Better than "no, no, NO!" I suppose. Or "oh, my sweet Lord" or "please tell me this is a joke."

ChelseaWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Just got a rejection on a full. Pretty standard "didn't fall in love with it," yadda yadda.

But still. Ouch.

:Shrug:

ChelseaWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Gladly accepts. Mmm. Good, thanks!

ETA -- Polly, those must be magic cookies because I just got a request for a full (on a partial). Yay!

Last edited:

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
I feel like something that's been brewed (or fermented). I've been quiet because I've been in a last push to finish polishing my NF rewrite.

I just read it through. Brilliant, if I do say so myself. (It's an odd-numbered day, after all.)

Now all I have to do is type in all the changes and do one last read-through to make sure I make the corrections correctly. Then I'm requerying. Soon I can be back, adding to my amazing R numbers!

Polly, if you have magic cookies, I want one.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Aargh. Another thunderstorm last night-- even worse than last week's. It's supposed to be around 100 degrees today and tomorrow. And I've got lots of new tulip poplar crap all over the yard. Once more into the breech, huh?

We've got a million people in the area without power, including us. No telling when we'll get it back. On the radio, they said that today is just for "assessing the situation." It will be days before we get all the power back. Tree limbs are all over the streets, lots of traffic lights out -- a real mess. Oh, and we are under mandatory water restrictions, so we aren't supposed to shower or even flush the toilet unless we absolutely have to.

We went searching for power, coffee, and air conditioning. I'm now at the mall, trying to work on my book's corrections. Plugs are rare. I'm astride an ottoman off in a corridor. It's uncomfortable and loud (since so many people have come here for relief).

I know. Whine, whine, whine. Don't mind me. I feel better after sharing all this.

I still like my book, though, even if it's an even-numbered day. That's something.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
I'll try. With lunch (and a glass of wine) and finding a more comfortable seat at the mall, it's not too bad. Luckily, our basement is usually quite cold so I think we'll be able to sleep there tonight comfortably. I've been overhearing lots of people trying unsuccessfully for hotel rooms (with power) in the area.

Maybe, when I need a break from my book, I'll go up on the local news station website and argue about whether global warming exists :D

Tri -- stay cool.

I'm not going to worry about all the junk down in our yard. We're supposed to get another thunderstorm tonight.

qdsb

Cynical Idealist
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, no! Keep cool, everyone!

Trying to just keep writing (and doing laundry and such) to distract me from the waiting, the waiting, the waiting.

pollymilton

please hold....
Registered
Reaction score
oh, so sorry for you guys with no power. Terrible inconvenience, esp. in such heat. Stay cool.

Hathor, the basement sounds like a good plan.

THE WAITING....WHY THE WAITING! It's hard.

I've got some laundry waiting too. And dishes. damn. exciting!

Quickbread

Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere between the beginning and the end
Ooh, stay cool, you guys. Might be a nice day for a visit to the movie theater.

Chelsea, sorry for the reject. That always stings on a full.

I've got laundry ahead, too. Already did the dishes. And I've got five days off work, so that's exciting.

I've racked up a few rejections this past week. One per day to be exact. It's like the universe is sending out the bad news in measure. I'll take that as a positive.

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
Hathor, I hope you get your power back soon. I was hiding out at the mall all day too, but thankfully mine came back around 5:30. Still no AC, but this is certainly better than nothing!

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
They're saying we may be without power until next weekend. We, meaning the area. No telling when we will be graced by the power company's attention.

I shouldn't complain, though. When we were out, we saw some huge trees down. I saw one house that was hit squarely, crumpling the entire roof.

I'm glad we did tree work recently.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
I found AC. AC is good. Particularly after three hours of yard pickup this morning. Still more to do, but it was getting hot.

Three houses down had a big tree split -- half on the power line, half on their roof. Both targets look bad.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Hathor, hope things are on the up-sweep for you.

Brother-in-law just replaced the AC compressor. My nephew fixed my burnt-out Verizon module. That's two out of three, so far. Vehicle is still down.

At least the damn grass is shriveling up from this heat. Don't have to cut for a few days. No thunder storms in sight. Yet.

tri

pollymilton

please hold....
Registered
Reaction score
form R to start the week.

UPDATE: another one. Hmrph. They must all be back from their first vacay of the summer.

UPDATE on UPDATE: Another one. they must all be GOING on vacation!

Last edited:

pollymilton

please hold....
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for getting in touch and the chance to consider THE WEDDING THIEF. There is much to admire in your work—a unique premise, vibrant characters, and strong writing overall. However, I’m sorry to report that I’m not the right agent for you. The market is so competitive nowadays that I am reluctant to take on anything that I don't feel I can properly champion.
These are, of course, matters of taste, and I'm sure another agency will feel differently. Thank you again for sending your manuscript my way, and I wish you the best of luck finding the enthusiastic representation you deserve.

FOURTH TODAY - this one on a partial.

qdsb

Cynical Idealist
Registered
Reaction score
Polly--ouch on the multiple Rs in one day. But the personalized R on the partial included some really encouraging comments!

I got an R on a short story sub...a story that should probably go back in a drawer. Otherwise, still waiting and waiting...with fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.