ProdCo databases

IsItFunny

Registered
Reaction score
Im wondering if there is a database of production companties that is searchable by genres and/or previous films?

I recently signed up for IMDbPro's free trial, but was not impressed with it. It meerely listed every contact they had. It was up to you to click on every single one and search their previous projects.

So, is there a searchable database of ProdCos?

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, you have to pay for them. There's the hollywood director and scriptpimp, and possibly more. I personally really like scriptpimp from what I've seen of it, you can query through it and everything, as well as have access to companies you wouldn't otherwise have.

krano

Registered
Reaction score
i'm using imdbpro's free trial as well. the prodco's previous films are listed under main details.

IsItFunny

Registered
Reaction score
i'm using imdbpro's free trial as well. the prodco's previous films are listed under main details.

Right.......Im trying to find a database that allows me to search by either genre or previous titles worked.

the IMDbPro is good and very extensive....its just that i need to click on every prodco and see what they do. Kind of an exausting process when trying to find prodcos that deal in a specific genre.....comedy.

im hoping to find a database that allows me to search by genre or previous projects produced. something that is easier than scanning through 2300+ prodcos with IMDbPro.

is there such a database?

IsItFunny

Registered
Reaction score
thats for that screen shot, Krano.

would anyone be willing to run a search on prodcos that accept comedies and black comedies, and then copy and past the list and email me?!?! I really dont have the funds right now to register. pretty please!?

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
thats for that screen shot, Krano.

would anyone be willing to run a search on prodcos that accept comedies and black comedies, and then copy and past the list and email me?!?! I really dont have the funds right now to register. pretty please!?

One thing to note, even if someone does this, some companies you still won't be able to query because they are exclusive to agents and give allowances to scriptpimp members.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Yeah, I tried imdbPro and it's pretty bad for searching prodcos by what they do. Of course it's so exhaustive, you could spend days searching through their list. Mandy.com has the same problem but it's a little better to navigate and has pages for who's looking for scripts/crew/talent. And it's free :D
I'm interested in HCDOnline.com, does anyone have experience with them?
Another good pay site is moviebytes.com - you can search what prodcos bought first time writers, what agents and producers are attached to what movies and stars/writers, and on and on. I find it very valuable.

Joe Calabrese

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.josephcalabrese.com
The best database available is The Studio System. It's great and has up to date info on everyone and everything. The only problem is 5K a year.

As for IMdbPRO you can search quite a bit.

Go to advanced search on the top of the main page and read how to do custom searches based on any field in the database. You can for example run a search of "all comedy films between 1970 and 1976 released through Fox or produced by Dreamworks." then you have a list of films and then click to each one of interest and get the contact info of the producers.

It's not one stop shopping but there is nothing that can do everything you want without some legwork.