Last Movie You Watched...

Hiroko

Which of them was the machine?
Registered
Reaction score
Watched The Adventures of Tintin this past weekend with the family. It was entertaining and honestly funny at parts; the animation was very well done, too - very fluid.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Immortals, with Henry Cavill and Frieda Pinto. Got the mythology TOTALLY wrong and the story was just...meh...but the visuals were excellent. Not a great movie by any means but entertaining. I love Greek mythology but I wish they'd get it right.

My little boy (8) forced me to take him to see Battleship last Sunday. "You sunk this movie!" Great special effects and a really atrocious story. I felt sorry for Liam Neeson. Does he really need the money that badly?

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Saw TRAPPED with Kevin Bacon, Charlize Theron and Dakota Fanning. it was a 3/5 stars on Netflix. Had some good tension and some good moments, but pretty predictable and no majorly surprising twists. I mean, there was a twist, but it was like OMG clever. But, being that I have two 6 year olds, I was a little squicked by some parts (especially during the scene where the mother brings the meds for her daughter and then the daughter is taken away from her and then she goes running back to her. So intense and broke my heart :()

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Uptown Girls with my daughter. It's a fun one and always makes me cry at the end. I'm a sap, what can I say?

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
Cabin in the Woods. Not for me. I hate, hate, hate funny horror. Sure, it has some smart twists and the ending is unexpected, but when I watch horror, I want to be scared. So this didn't work for me.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Just watched Hereafter. It was actually quite enjoyable though a tiny bit slow paced for me. I often don't mind slow paced movies, but prefer them when it's a creepy movie like Let the Right One In, The Devil's Back Bone, or the A Tale of Two Sisters (interesting though how all of those are foreign films...hmm...)

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Just watched Hereafter. It was actually quite enjoyable though a tiny bit slow paced for me. I often don't mind slow paced movies, but prefer them when it's a creepy movie like Let the Right One In, The Devil's Back Bone, or the A Tale of Two Sisters (interesting though how all of those are foreign films...hmm...)

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
The Wedding Date (rom-com with Debra Messing) was on television last night. I feel like it was a book, but maybe I'm making that up? Very cute movie.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Just watched True Grit. I enjoyed the movie, but would have enjoyed it more if I could understand more of what they were saying. The accents were super thick which gave the movie a real authentic western feel, but wow. Really hard to understand the dialogue sometimes. It still managed to keep my interest, so that must be saying something. Not sure what the hell it says, but...yeah. It was aiiiiight.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh, I loved True Grit. That was the first movie my husband and I got through without...um...being distracted...with...each...other...

;)

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
Battleship. I'm probably one of the first people to see this movie. The critics don't seem to love it, but I thought it was a lot of fun. Sure, it's not going to win any Oscars but it has all the action and explosions you would expect to see in a summer movie (even though it's not summer yet). And I loved the battleship grid they used in battle :) Cool way to include that in the movie.

Nimram

sometimes woefully inaccurate
Registered
Reaction score
Valhalla Rising. One of those movies that look like a painting. I liked it.

thekingsguard

Soldier, Scholar, Writer, WebVoyeur
Registered
Reaction score
Website
korsgaardscommentary.blogspot.com
I learned three things from watching the Thee Stooges movie:

1) They need to fire whoever they put in charge of marketing the movie.

2) We really need more slapstick an pun based comedy

3) The Three Stooges are utterly brillaint and hilarious.

Loved the movie, laughed from start to final credit. Anyone else see it, or am I just a schmuck?

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Oooh, I loved True Grit. That was the first movie my husband and I got through without...um...being distracted...with...each...other...

;)

bwahhahahaha...Uh, almost hate to ask what "kind" of movies you've been watching ;)

LOL

writeinsideme

Registered
Reaction score
I have just seen 2 new movies. We took the kiddos to see Three Stooges on Friday and hubby and I went to see The Lucky One for date night Saturday.

The Three Stooges was hilarious! I loved watching them as a child, so was really looking forward to the movie. I have ADHD, so I tend to get restless having to sit still for more than a few minutes at a time. However, this was one movie that my kids' constant need for more popcorn or potty breaks really annoyed me because I didn't want to miss any of it.

The next night, hubby and I went to see The Lucky One. I love Nicholas Sparks. I love the emotion he brings to his books. I thought the movie was pretty good. I am a couple chapters into reading the book, so I can't really compare the two. However, I was really moved by the inclusion of the scenes from Logan's time in Irag/Afghanistan. My brother and sister-in-law are active military and my brother was injured during his tour in Afghanistan, so I appreciated the covering of flashbacks and how our military are affected by what they see and have to do over there.

That being said, my husband, who isn't a sap in the slightest, really enjoyed the movie. I thought it was pretty good. I'm glad we went.

PeterHill

Registered
Reaction score
I saw Battleships. Good movie if you have nothing else to do and are interested in speciel effects, aliens and the navy.

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
The Divide - A bunch of people (Michael Biehn, Rosanna Arquette, ...) take refuge in a fallout shelter under an apartment building in the aftermath of a nuclear war. It wasn't bad, but it was pretty weird. Also I think whoever made it needs a hug.