amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
*checks cinnamon jar* mine's only 2.45 oz. You sure you can make enough bread overnight? ;)

Go big or go home. Except I am home...

I love cinnamon. I do go through a lot. I even put it in my coffee.

Also, we do?!? I havent noticed booze in my grocer. Maybe at the Whole Food$. Mind you, I start in produce then skip to dairy/eggs, only sometimes stopping for baking or household goods in the middle...

It's a Giant Eagle, but it's the only one I've seen with the liquor store inside the store. Mind you, it's a wee liquor store, but it carries enough.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Giants have Eagle versions? Mine is a Giant-martins.

And you werent home when picking your cinnamon, so your advice is very appropriate :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Andddddd:

:e2thud: I finally finally went through all 9,360 words of my not-short story, Warriors Dead. That sucker can't get any more polished, though I wish I could cut 360 words. I dont want to remove the details on the villagers or such though...

Anyone wanna beta? I could use fresh eyes. It's a Writers of the Future Honorable Mention, for those who havent heard me brag :D

It's about a jaded girl who decides to help a female warrior who comes to battle the lake leviathan and reminds the MC of a warrior woman who had been like a mother to her. There's an elven horse, a soul sword, repressed feelings, and combat.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
/cue pinkie pie voice Well then it wouldnt be a grocery. Duh.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Giants have Eagle versions? Mine is a Giant-martins.

And you werent home when picking your cinnamon, so your advice is very appropriate :)

Giant and Giant Eagle are two separate chains, as far as I'm aware. :) Out here, the GEagle (as we like to call it) has pretty much a lock on the supermarket racket. There are other chains, but they don't have the pull.

With the cinnamon, I went big *and* went home! Which is the only way to do it, really.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone wanna beta? I could use fresh eyes.

I'm willing to give it a read, with the caveat that at the moment I am in a brief respite from migraine-intensity headache; if the achy head returns, I may not get it back to you very quickly. If you're still interested, lemme know and I'll pm you my address.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
And, uh, I could use a beta read as well. It's an 11k fairy-tale style fantasy, and I don't need anything in-depth, just an "it sucks" or "it REALLY sucks" or "YOU SUCK", so I know exactly where I am with it.

ETA: just to be clear, this is just a general open request, not in any way whatsoever tied to my willingness to beta for anybody else (-:

Last edited:

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
So... I'm trying to review on goodreads every book I read... and I had to do a little slap down on a very badly edited, sloppily written self pub. I had to put it down after reading 20% of it. I just hate putting a book down without finishing it, but there are just too many awesome books out there to read.

Not that this has anything to do with your resident Demon Spawn, but remember earlier today and my shopping spree?

This is one of my purchases:

82e922b2095c8556d92ab37741ec3dfc.jpg

OH, I have 4 words for this dress.

Va. Va. Va. Voom!

Everybody's laws seem weird to me. There needs to be a travel guide including the state rules, hours and alcohol content restrictions. It would really be useful to people like me who randomly drive cross-country every now and again.

I like Texas's laws, which include drive-through liquor stores. You don't even have to learn the rules, just have a car.

Are you kidding? I'm surprised they don't have drive through armories.

Good night, Cantinannites.
I'll most likely kill you in the morning. /princessbride

WIN!

KitCat

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. KitCat HATES vagina pics.

lol i read that and was like wait, wha-?

At first I thought you'd only quoted the part Hillz' quoted and I was very startled. I think it's bed time for me, apparently I'm half asleep. :ROFL:

methinks i am too lol

oh, and watching Infested on Animal Planet. This poor girl had an infestation of possums!! She got typhus because of it. TYPHUS! That's old school illness! Like... 1850's London slum old school.

:eek:

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
oh, and watching Infested on Animal Planet. This poor girl had an infestation of possums!! She got typhus because of it. TYPHUS! That's old school illness! Like... 1850's London slum old school.

Oh, UGH. I'd get sympathetic consumption just thinking about watching an infestation show. *gags* Please to excuse me.

Status
Not open for further replies.