I tried not to bore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdvsmx5

Registered
Reaction score
Hi. My name is Charl. Right. Just Charl. It was my grandfather's nickname. See, he and my father were both named Charles. Grandfather died when Dad was just a pup. My parents wanted to honor his father, but didn't want Charles the Third acting all high and mighty, starting war and stuff.

Actually, I'm not exactly new here. I've tried to hang around a couple times over the past few months. (BTW, L o v e the decor. So, retro. 1995) I kept getting a headache. Then it dawned on me that it might not be the discourse. It might be those flashing avatars! (See how I snuck that dreaded punctuation in there?)

So, I decided to register to turn them off. Well, that's what my conscious mind is telling me. Freud may have other reasons to reveal. Slowly. Over time. So, I can handle them. He's around here somewhere. Usually he stays in my pants, but sometimes he sneaks into my head. Sorry.

I suspect a few of you are just itching to explain my motives to me too. Great. I can't wait. But, you may have to be patient. I'm not like you. I didn't eat word beans. Writing is tough. Words can be costly. I try to be careful, then I end up not using enough. If that happens, I'm sorry. You betcha.

I didn't dream of being a writer. I had to sit down. Pretty quick, I got bored and started writing. I'm so unworthy.

Looks like all the dumb questions have been answered. So, don't expect me to be starting threads. If I'm moved to reply to someone, I usually delete it before posting.

I've read about as much of the Newbie Guides and FAQs as I can handle. I know boilerplate when I see it. If you can't restrain yourself, go ahead, but know that everyone will know I've deleted my reply. I don't want you to look silly.

Oh, I know lots of words, but I'm not too good at spellish. I try to run spell check, but sometimes, I forget. Just say, 'That's Charl for ya' and jump to the next sentence. My daughter has won spelling bees, so we know it's not genetic. It ends here.

Thanks in advance for all the welcomes. If I understand correctly, every time I get to say 'thank you', I get a star on my forehead.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

In fact, we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like all the dumb questions have been answered. So, don't expect me to be starting threads. If I'm moved to reply to someone, I usually delete it before posting.

I've read about as much of the Newbie Guides and FAQs as I can handle. I know boilerplate when I see it. If you can't restrain yourself, go ahead, but know that everyone will know I've deleted my reply. I don't want you to look silly.

Let me know when you get to the funny part.

Right now, you're reading as obnoxious-newbie-can't-control-tone.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
i came to this thread thinking, 'hey, i'll welcome a newbie today' but then i saw your post, thought it was just ‘so-so’ and at that point decided to hold off for a while.

if you’re patient enough to stick around and read this post you may or may not find out why i decided to reply in this thread. it’ll probably be worth it for you to stick around to the end of my post though even though i can’t spellz for shite. just sayin.

actually, i’m so bored right now i’ll just come out and say it and get this thing over with...
i thought, 'hell, if i respond it’ll be nice for the newbie to have someone huge and important like me welcoming them even though this is just a standard boiler plate welcome that i roll out for all the newbies. it'll be my good deed for the day.’

thanks in advance for loving this post and for loving me so much
and welcome to aw.

*glues a star to charl’s forehead*

cdvsmx5

Registered
Reaction score
Cray-I guess 'so-so' is all I've got. Thanks for the star.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
How clever. That is the funny part.

Dude I don't care about your motives.

The question is: Do I want you in my database?

Right now, not so much.

See, users like you make extra work for me.

Because other members complain about you.

That's not good. It makes me cranky.

I'm going to give you a second chance. You can continue acting like a jerk, or, I can make you go away.

If you're serious about writing, this is a great place. If you're a troll, not so much.

Either way, I'm locking this thread.

Don't blow your second chance. Engage with the community. Be real.

Status
Not open for further replies.