The Bouncy Castle in Space

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
yay for stickies...!

It always reminds me of those gummy hands my boys used to get out of the vending machines. You stretch them and fling them and they stick to walls. Until they get so covered in dust and cat hair that they don't stick anymore.

So I think of all our brilliant observations, clinging to the wall somewhere...

I hated those gummy hands! Kids would leave them lying around, dirt and cat hair all over them and I would literally wake a kid out of bed to pick it up and take care of it because I won't touch them. Gross! Gross! Gross!

jtrylch13

Registered
Reaction score
Oh yeah, guess what I got for Valentine's Day? Okay, it wasn't really a Vday present, but since we're on the Vday theme. I had to take my husband's car to see my daughter play basketball in a town 1hour and 20mins away. He needed my van because he was taking the boys just as far for swim class. (We live in the middle of nowhere, in case you're wondering) So anyway, coming home at 10:30 at night after a depressing loss, missing my turn off and backtracking and having to put gas in the car which I always have to do when I borrow his car, I get pulled over by a cop. This happens with concerning regularity for me and I'm usually speeding. Somehow, I always manage to get off with a warning. But this time, I wasn't speeding, not even a little! My husband forgot to pay the renewal tabs on the license plate . . . three months ago! I got a $150 ticket and I had to go the next day to pay it at court right after I went to the Secretary of State to renew the tabs, with a crabby toddler in tow. I didn't even get an apology! I usually don't care about Valentines day, but I better get diamonds this year!

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score
I hated those gummy hands! Kids would leave them lying around, dirt and cat hair all over them and I would literally wake a kid out of bed to pick it up and take care of it because I won't touch them. Gross! Gross! Gross!
HA! My son just got a gummy ball attached to a gummy string from the Hannaford vending machine and it is now COVERED in dog hair. I looks like he's swinging around a coughed up hair ball. But he doesn't seem to mind, so whatever! :)

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I went skiing all weekend but i was horribly sick and only made it til lunch and then had to go lie in the car , both days. Oh teh misery!

Let me tell The Legend Of The Lost Mitten for greater cheer. i was LOLing over it recently. This happened in like 2004 i think. I was lunching with the ski team in the lodge of the smallest ski resort in tahoe--basically looks like a grade school lunchroom.

There's a commotion going on between a 3 yr old girl and her rather heavyset mom. Mom is going on and on about Where is your mitten, we just had it! And searching the area. Beyond them is this boy i loathe from ski team. He locks eyes with me and gives me the most devilish grin.

Suddenly the little girl cries I SEE IT!! So mom is saying Where? Where? She starts to turn in a circle and I see that The Little Pink Lost Mitten is wedged right in the butt crack of mom's ski pants. The little girl starts hopping around her in a circle trying to point, crying There! There! This went on for absolutely ages, with mom spinning in place to show the pink mitten off to all present. I think i fell off my bench. Boy-I-Loathe had to put his lunch tray down halfway to the table to hold himself together, we were so hysterical.

And that, children, is the legend of the lost mitten.

Butterbean

This boy just ain't right
Registered
Reaction score
Robstown,Texas..Birthplace of Texas hold 'em
Website
www.storiesfrommikeysworld.com
Okay ladies I'm taking the advise y'all gave me and rolling with it tonight.

The personally hand written sappy card followed by the heart shapped sticky notes directing her to the scavenger hunt with hidden... flowers, her favorite cookies, Starbucks gift card (she loves but too cheap to buy), Gift card to her favorite restaurant, baseball braclet charms (big baseball family)from two sons. Small items hidden in heart shapped boxes with pink and red rose pedals inside.

We'll see what happens???
Thanks for the tips.:)

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Butterbean, very nice job. She better appreciate it!!!

Of course, now you have to work this hard every year from now on...

jtrylch13

Registered
Reaction score
Way to go Mike! I got a card. A very nice and meaningful one. That treasure hunt sounds fantastic!

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay ladies I'm taking the advise y'all gave me and rolling with it tonight.

The personally hand written sappy card followed by the heart shapped sticky notes directing her to the scavenger hunt with hidden... flowers, her favorite cookies, Starbucks gift card (she loves but too cheap to buy), Gift card to her favorite restaurant, baseball braclet charms (big baseball family)from two sons. Small items hidden in heart shapped boxes with pink and red rose pedals inside.

We'll see what happens???
Thanks for the tips.:)

Good job! Very thoughtful gifts, plus the time and energy put into the scavenger hunt. I'm sure she'll love it! :D

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Holy Crap!

The President of the United States just buzzed my house and landed in my back yard.

(That's my excitement for the day, thought I'd share.)

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
:roll: Did he fly like a butterfly and sting like a bee??
Some excitement Sheila!!!

I take it you are a happy guy today Mike!! :ROFL: Now shake it off....it's back to the everyday norm!! :wag:

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
I think I ate too much chocolate. I'm a little excitable today. Sorry about that last post.

Here's what happened - I was sitting at my computer, trying to think up silly quotes for the chapter headings of my minion school story ("Even small beings can do great things, if you have enough of them." That sort of thing). Then, everything starts shaking. The windows, pictures on the wall. I can hear helicopter rotors, but much louder than the usual news copter kind. I go outside thinking, this must be what it feels like to be in a war zone. Two giant military copters are at tree-top level, incredibly low, circling my neighborhood. Along the sides I read, "The United States of America" so I think, phew, we're not under attack by a foreign country, which was my worry. Then a smaller, half-green/half-white copter flies by, with the same wording, and lands across the street, at the junior college.

They were so low, it was crazy. I waved at them, thinking the pres was in one of the big ones, but later I found out he was in the smaller two-toned one. I had waved at that one too. I hope the president didn't pick up on the fact that he received my "I'm sure you're important, too," pity-wave that was meant for his security detail.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They were so low, it was crazy. I waved at them, thinking the pres was in one of the big ones, but later I found out he was in the smaller two-toned one. I had waved at that one too. I hope the president didn't pick up on the fact that he received my "I'm sure you're important, too," pity-wave that was meant for his security detail.

:roll:

You should totally use that in your novel. And "Dude, the president just totally buzzed my house" would be a great chapter heading. :D

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, now I feel stupid. It wasn't the President, he's still in DC. He's not coming out here until Thursday. Sooooo, maybe it was a dry run? Maybe I'll be buzzed again. If so, I'll be ready with my best wave and a camera.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, now I feel stupid. It wasn't the President, he's still in DC. He's not coming out here until Thursday. Sooooo, maybe it was a dry run? Maybe I'll be buzzed again. If so, I'll be ready with my best wave and a camera.

You're cracking me up. Seriously. :ROFL:

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
:roll: Shelia--whatever you do--don't wave a camera at them. They'll shoot you down quick, fast and in a hurry!! Just give them the pity wave and call it a day! :ROFL: