• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta reader needed for action/adventure war novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houston Ramrod

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for someone who can critique my novel. It is more or less a story of some soldiers who are stationed in a country that resembles Iraq and their struggle against radical Islamic extremists. It is politically incorrect, extremely violent, and inappropriate. The novel is lengthy (200,000+ words) but fast-paced.

I am seeking a beta reader who is thoughtful, intelligent, and blunt. Please note that my last beta reader is facing life in prison after chopping up one of his friends, so I am looking for that rare sort of beta reader who is able to stomach violence while not necessarily carrying it out. Military credentials would be an added bonus.

Should you be interested, please send me a private message. Thanks.

Last edited:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry I can't invest the time to be your beta reader, but it sounds like the story of your last beta reader could be your next book. An "axe murderer" who is the literary sort. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.