• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

So a Book Club is reading my Novel...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamCoulson

Registered
Reaction score
It was an old friend of mine's turn to pick the content for her book club, and she decided to go with my novel... obviously I'm stoked.

However, she asked me "if I had any questions" for them to use. As someone who has never participated in a book club all I could do was raise an eyebrow and say "uhhh..."

So I'm curious if any of you have developed questions/discussion points/etc., for your books for book clubs and what kind of stuff you came up with.

MythMonger

Willing to Learn
Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes novels will have sample questions for book clubs in the back. I noticed that 11/22/63 by Stephen King did this. It might be worth your while to go to a bookstore and check some of them out.

RightHoJeeves

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Gone Girl has them as well. It's usually stuff like "How does the first sentence of the novel set the tone for the story?" or "Is the main character deserving of sympathy?" or "Why is the setting important to the themes of the novel?" something like that.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
I think it would be so cool for you to go. You should ask your friend about it.

SamCoulson

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I would--but I'm on the wrong side of the continent, unfortunately. Good notes, i wasn't sure what sort of level of questions so this gives me a ballpark and some references.

Status
Not open for further replies.