Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

x_Kathy_x

Me fail English? That’s unpossible.
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, she's lovely. I'll have to meet up with her someday. She's about an hour away by plane!

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Good morning everyone.

Kathy- that contest looks awesome and for a good cause...I'll definitely have to check it out :)

I am working on a new scene :snoopy: and I am enjoying it. It's going a little slower (writing wise and my process-in-my-head lol) but that's okay. And I am soclose to 53k :D I love that my word count is going up. (Originally queried this baby at 46k and didn't think it could get better. It can!)

Aslera

Not an exact science
Registered
Reaction score
Have you guys ever NOT kept track of word count as you went? I'm handwriting most of this contemp story I'm working on, and I'm a little worried I'm going to be like "Yay! Story's finished!" and it'll be something like 38k.

Dorothy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dorothydreyer.wordpress.com
Have you guys ever NOT kept track of word count as you went? I'm handwriting most of this contemp story I'm working on, and I'm a little worried I'm going to be like "Yay! Story's finished!" and it'll be something like 38k.

I hand-write scenes in a notebook once in a while (this is great for writer's block, changing your location can prompt inspiration). But after I get back to my computer and type it out I always check word count. ;)

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
Good morning!

My hubby comes home today!! :snoopy: He's been gone since Saturday and I've had the worst week so I can't wait!

So, funny story, I took a nice hot bath last night with a beer (we were out of wine :Shrug:) and a book. My two boy cats like to hang out in there with me. They sit on the side of the tub and occasionally drink the bath water (pre-soap of course). One of them wasn't careful and fell in last night, unfortunately, right on top of me, so I have scratches down one side. I kind of caught him and pushed him out, both of us screaming. A few minutes later he came back, crying his head off. He rubbed under my hand and stared at me with big pleading eyes. I'm pretty sure he was apologizing and checking to see if I was alright. Or, I'm crazy, haha.

Aslera

Not an exact science
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning!

So, funny story, I took a nice hot bath last night with a beer (we were out of wine :Shrug:) and a book. My two boy cats like to hang out in there with me. They sit on the side of the tub and occasionally drink the bath water (pre-soap of course). One of them wasn't careful and fell in last night, unfortunately, right on top of me, so I have scratches down one side. I kind of caught him and pushed him out, both of us screaming. A few minutes later he came back, crying his head off. He rubbed under my hand and stared at me with big pleading eyes. I'm pretty sure he was apologizing and checking to see if I was alright. Or, I'm crazy, haha.

Okay, that's really funny because my foster kittens (who live in my bathroom) fell into the bath with me last night and scratched the crap out of me. I am convinced they want to try and drown (they fall in regularly and they're all 2lbs, so really small still).

What was up in the cat universe last night?

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
I once went to England. It was lots of fun (it was a theatre class trip) so we went to Stratford upon Avon, Bath, Oxford and London. We were supposed to go to Paris,Fr too but that part ended up getting cancelled. :( One day...

Dorothy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dorothydreyer.wordpress.com
Okay, that's really funny because my foster kittens (who live in my bathroom) fell into the bath with me last night and scratched the crap out of me. I am convinced they want to try and drown (they fall in regularly and they're all 2lbs, so really small still).

What was up in the cat universe last night?

LOL, that's a crazy coincidence! Cat conspiracy!

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
Oh cat drama. :ROFL:

Hey guys...about to go out for the day but...I made it to 53,000!!!!:snoopy: I am so close to finishing these revisions I can *feel* it.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I think I shall write later. Dosed up with paracetamol, of course..

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
Sorry you're feeling crappy, Lisa. I've had a headache all day as well. And my internet is out until tomorrow, probably (thank goodness for smartphones). And I can't go anywhere, just in case the cable co. has a cancellation and can get a tech out here today. And everyone in QLH SYW is hating my synopsis (which I expected), and its causing them to call the entire end of my story into question. And my hip is all black and blue and I'm stiff and in pain. What a craptastic day :(

Status
Not open for further replies.