Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm fine with it because I'm fairly good at teaching myself. And because I'm in school 2 days a week for 2.5 hours each of those 2 days, instead of 5 days a week for 6ish hours a day- the way the district gives me credit is for doing work for each subject (I think).

Also, I need to choose a short story to read and do work on. Kurt Vonnegut or Edgar Allen Poe or Ray Bradbury?

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm...I guess that's fair. I'm on campus for 11 freaking hours on Mondays and Wednesdays. BUT I'm off on Tues/Thurs and have class for just an hour Fri.

Poe.

ETA: Tally, kidnapping is good for you. Because by kidnap I mostly mean "arrange to somehow visit".

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with Ari on the arranging to somehow visit.

But alas! LA is 8 hours from me, and I believe I'm 1 hour (ish) from Alameda.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
... that's weird.

I just went to the Poe story in my workbook, and I did the work for it last year. But last year I used the Freshman book and this year I'm using the Sophomore one. So I don't know if I can still do Poe.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
wow lots of kidnap talk... hummm... I'm ok i dont think i'll go and kidnap anyone.

Want to talk about a long day at school? Try last semester i was up from 7:30 till 11pm at night on campus between work and class on Mondy Wednesday and Friday. And no i didnt have off Tuesday and thursdays

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
Ekk, that sucks Ally.

My brother has Tuesday and Thursday 8am-8pm this semester, but he only has those days because he works the rest of the days. At the beginning of last year he had 8am-11pm I think.

Last edited:

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
That's...terrible. I refused to take anything that started before 9am this semester, and I wasn't willing to be on campus after 10pm so I set it up that way. I was also determined to have Tues/Thurs off. So I don't really mind the busy MW schedule.

Anyway, I must go do dishes. I shall return shortly.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
That is too much work, Zoe! I would die. I have like...10 sentences to write for Japanese and that's it.

Now, to figure out how to pay to visit Tally...not gonna worry about that right now, lol.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I would, but I'm in MAAH mode. Which I'm trying to send, but my yahoo's being mean. I may forward you a message I sent someone else with it attached.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
Ari- I haven't even told you how MUCH of each subject I have. haha. (Clue- I have a lot. :D )

Visits are fun!

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I just had to move my futon against the wall (I sleep on it like a couch, not a bed. So there was a bunch of space behind it). Holy crap. It was heavy. On the bright side, my room looks bigger.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry. Lol I guess I'm enthusiastic. I've posted some. It's mainly from what I've already had written, but have changed bits. It gives me an idea if the scenes are believable or not (given that it's fantasy, there's not a definite line of believability)

Status
Not open for further replies.