Braggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats gettingby! Did you end up applying for CNF or Fiction?

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations gettingby - best of luck with the program!

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. I only applied to two schools so I was a little worried. The one I heard from so far is my first choice anyway. I am still so excited and shocked.

LolaVelo

Registered
Reaction score
That's great news, Gettingby!

29 day acceptance by AntipodeanSF today. It came along with some (very good) editorial suggestions, which I've just approved and sent back. I love this little story; it's micro sci fi set in New Zealand that's really about the nature of the original colonies in NZ and Australia. I'm really pleased.

squeaky pram

oldie turned newbie
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, gettingby and LolaVelo!!

I've just returned from a trip, so probably left lots of people out. Congratulations to you all! Yay! Let's keep the good news rolling in!

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats LolaVelo! Let us know when it's up -- I'd like to read it. The premise sounds intriguing!

LolaVelo

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you everyone... and it's never happened before, but I got another acceptance today! 3 days from from Green Gecko Publishing for the GRE Dirty Words book. I would never have known about the challenge if Eliza C. hadn't invited us to try, too, so thank you so much Eliza! I did list #13.

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you everyone... and it's never happened before, but I got another acceptance today! 3 days from from Green Gecko Publishing for the GRE Dirty Words book. I would never have known about the challenge if Eliza C. hadn't invited us to try, too, so thank you so much Eliza! I did list #13.

Excellent! Congratulations. I'm glad to see others gave that a try - maybe the TOC will all be W1S1ers :)

kalevin

Dark and twisty, like licorice.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kalevingston.com
Wow, lots of great news since the last time I came around. Congrats everyone!!!

I had a good weekend: wrote a quick short that I actually like, received an acceptance on another short that's been a bit of a hard sell, and my tale "The Needs of Hollow Men" is today's featured story on DSF. Woot!

I'm going to enjoy the benevolent side of the "when it rains, it pours" feeling while I can. ;)

Project Deadlight

Registered
Reaction score
Now I've calmed down a bit, I just wanted to report that I won a little award!! My story 'Just Kids' won the writer's award for the collection it was in. It was voted for by the other writers in the anthology which makes it incredibly exciting. http://www.thefictiondesk.com/blog/...k-writers-award-for-crying-just-like-anybody/

I don't mind confiding with you guys that when I started reading the other stories in the collection I thought to myself: "Oh god, they've made a dreadful mistake, they've put me in amongst all these proper writers." So as you can imagine, to win this was a bit of a shock. Thanks once again to those on here who helped crit it!

Last edited:

O'Dandelo

Registered
Reaction score
Now I've calmed down a bit, I just wanted to report that I won a little award!! My story 'Just Kids' won the writer's award for the collection it was in. It was voted for by the other writers in the anthology which makes it incredibly exciting. http://www.thefictiondesk.com/blog/...k-writers-award-for-crying-just-like-anybody/

I don't mind confiding with you guys that when I started reading the other stories in the collection I thought to myself: "Oh god, they've made a dreadful mistake, they've put me in amongst all these proper writers." So as you can imagine, to win this was a bit of a shock. Thanks once again to those on here that helped crit it!

So pumped for you, Simon!!!!

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score

I just got the newsletter from the Fiction Desk and saw the announcement! (I have two subs currently in their flash competition, so am on the newsletter list). I came straight to braggage to look for a post from you, and there it was. Huge congrats, Simon!! Well done.

Congrats too, Kalevin on all your news. I'll try and check out the story this evening!

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Congrats, everyone! Lots of great announcements in this thread in the last few days.

I don't mind confiding with you guys that when I started reading the other stories in the collection I thought to myself: "Oh god, they've made a dreadful mistake, they've put me in amongst all these proper writers." So as you can imagine, to win this was a bit of a shock. Thanks once again to those on here who helped crit it!
:tongue I think this EVERY time anything of mine gets picked up. I bet you're (we're) not the only ones who think like this. LOL Very big congrats! I'm sure you totally deserve it and belong amongst those writers.

LolaVelo

Registered
Reaction score
Excellent! Congratulations. I'm glad to see others gave that a try - maybe the TOC will all be W1S1ers :)

That would be very cool. Fihr, I'm looking forward to seeing yours!

Congratulations to Kalevin - that's great! So wonderful when a hard sell moves! Relieving and satisfying!

Project Deadight - that's fantastic about your award. Well done!

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, S.R. - congrats on the award - what fantastic news! I enjoyed that story.

I know that feeling you describe :D How great - this shows you definitely deserve the good company!

And congrats Kalevin, esp on the tough sale - yes, bask in that feeling! Got to make the most of the good when writers need such perseverance. Looking forward to reading your DSF story!

Status
Not open for further replies.