XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Interesting also how, when you tell a certain type of man you're done talking to them, they CONTINUE TO ENGAGE YOU IN CONVERSATION. Clearly I, as a woman, am not qualified to end conversations when I wish to stop being insulted or condescended. It is up to a MAN to tell me when the conversation is over.

Hey, the only reason I was able to marry CobraMrsFit was successfully wearing her down over the course of a decade.

Tenacity FTW!

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, the only reason I was able to marry CobraMrsFit was successfully wearing her down over the course of a decade.

Tenacity FTW!

Yeah but you're not a douchebag. And I bet you weren't tenaciously telling her she's stupid, infantile, needs to grow up and is embarrassing herself.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
You know, they have a cream for that, or so I'm told.
I've spent way too much time in the caberet...

Morning Weasleys... I mean Cantina...

If you can get me a brand name for that cream, I'll be grateful. My MC would definitely be the type who would be tweeting psychomacologist with the mansplaining stuff. That's if he was in a beneficient mood. He gets what's coming to him though, so that's good. I'm of the make them live with it and suffer school.

But, I, the real I, really don't want to upset psychomacologist. She has never been anything other than nice to me. So any anti-illeterate sociopathic creams/ungents/gels whatever. I'll take them. At least until I can get this guy where he belongs.

(If this is the kinda stuff they do at the cabaret, I should probably visit once in a while.)

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Which is why, according to your stalkerater's logic, is why it took so long to woo her.

Yes, clearly if you'd insulted her from the get-go she would've swooned into your arms in no time.

And thanks, Debio. I'm just saving evidence of the douchebaggery and then will probably (a) block said douche and (b) immortalise him on my blog.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
My latest crush:

315469_13065247_1978_Volkswagen_Westfalia%2bCamper.jpg

315469_13065254_1978_Volkswagen_Westfalia%2bCamper.jpg
Debio wants as well. I even have a spare parking space to put one in. Wonder if I can talk the wife into it. We do go camping couple of times a year. Real camping, with tents, sleeping bags and no tv/stereo/video etc. This would make it doable a lot more often.

Which is why, according to your stalkerater's logic, it took so long to woo her.

Damn, even back in my crazy, fundamentalist baptist, dittohead days I never figured out that insultin the wiminz was useful. At least that's one thing I don't have to rip out of my psyche.

Yes, clearly if you'd insulted her from the get-go she would've swooned into your arms in no time.

And thanks, Debio. I'm just saving evidence of the douchebaggery and then will probably (a) block said douche and (b) immortalise him on my blog.

You are very welcome Psych. I used to be where he is, maybe 20 years ago. Good friends, sites like Making Light and Whatever and the like have taught me how to be a decent human being. If I ever slip into that mode again, someone please shoot me.

At least, in the vast majority of cases, they always use the same tactics and arguments, so dealing with it can become reflexive. Not that that is a good thing, who wants to get good at it?

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Interesting also how, when you tell a certain type of man you're done talking to them, they CONTINUE TO ENGAGE YOU IN CONVERSATION. Clearly I, as a woman, am not qualified to end conversations when I wish to stop being insulted or condescended. It is up to a MAN to tell me when the conversation is over.

It's obviously because of our delicate nature and a given that we are prone to fits of hysteria. Duh :gaah

*Is about as delicate as a bulldozer*

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
It's obviously because of our delicate nature and a given that we are prone to fits of hysteria. Duh :gaah

It must be obliviousness. I mean really. I was in the Cantina for lie five minutes and I knew that you folk were not delicate and/or hysterical*. I mean only an idiot would think so....oh, never mind.

*You are hysterical in the sense that it is dangerous to read Cantina posts while at work and/or drinking.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We do go camping couple of times a year. Real camping, with tents, sleeping bags and no tv/stereo/video etc. This would make it doable a lot more often.

CobraMrsFit and I LOVE real camping as well, but after the debacle of last year's Camping Trip Of Death, I've been lobbying for an Airstr3am* trailer. Unfortunately, you have to tow those and we can't afford it AND a truck. This, however, is a twofer.

And it's smexy.

*Also, because I secretly want to be an astronaut.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
CobraMrsFit and I LOVE real camping as well, but after the debacle of last year's Camping Trip Of Death, I've been lobbying for an Airstr3am* trailer. Unfortunately, you have to tow those and we can't afford it AND a truck. This, however, is a twofer.

And it's smexy.

*Also, because I secretly want to be an astronaut.

Who doesn't? And even in not-even-Japanese-people-know-where-it-is part of Japan I live in, I can get one of those. I've been hinting off and on for 10 years. You know, one of those beauties would make camping so much easier...

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Who doesn't? And even in not-even-Japanese-people-know-where-it-is part of Japan I live in, I can get one of those. I've been hinting off and on for 10 years. You know, one of those beauties would make camping so much easier...

Exactly. More funner and more prettier.

Win-to-the-win.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I am off to bed. Editing has caused serious lack of sleep this week. Still not satisfied, but I want to avoid hallucinations.

Before I go however, I sometimes enjoy randomly picking spam mails and reading them. It can be very entertaining.

For example, one I got tonight with the title : You are nominated for a Ph.D.

The body of the mail contains the following paragraph.

YOUR CHANCE to EARN is TWICE MORE, At you a huge operational experience and you are able much? Confirm your ability with the diploma and to EARN it is TWICE MORE, call us today. It is YOUR CHANCE

At least they spelled diploma right this time.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
At least, in the vast majority of cases, they always use the same tactics and arguments, so dealing with it can become reflexive. Not that that is a good thing, who wants to get good at it?
Well after I repeated three times that I was done talking to him, he said that I've won lol. Pretty sure he was being sarcastic but I'll take that :D

Honestly it doesn't bother me much. I've been buffeted around a bit over the years and have grown a far thicker skin than douchebags could ever penetrate. I think I'm now trolling him but I'm not sure...

Yes, our delicate female ways. Did you know the word hysteria originates in the out-dated idea that neurosis was caused by "the wandering womb"? It's our wombs that are to blame!

*haz a womb of steel*

Bring it on, douchebags. My ovaries can take it!

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, peeps! It was crazy at work last week so my 'net time was severely curtailed, but now I am back and taking advantage of the quiet around here to do some ninja writing.

Best line I've written this morning:

"Tanna, dear," she said, raising an eyebrow, "why are we not on fire?"
[FONT=&quot]
Also, I found this linked from Writer Beware! Blog: an "American" agent, based in "Chicago," who will clearly treat you better than any other agency:

[/FONT]
We accept to read all your book (the first 3 chapters, in my opinion, are not sufficient to judge the whole book! They are sufficient only to mock you!).

The whole thing is priceless. Even the web address is fun to try to spell!

You're welcome. :)

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]Also, I found this linked from Writer Beware! Blog: an "American" agent, based in "Chicago," who will clearly treat you better than any other agency: [/FONT]

[/FONT]

The whole thing is priceless. Even the web address is fun to try to spell!

You're welcome. :)

Sweet sassy-molassy, that IS priceless. My fav is that there are two #2s.

Also, a "free" agent that then charges $120 for reading? Hmmm....methinks something 'tis up.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Actually...

Is it wrong of me that I'm giving serious thought to that idea? [ETA: the charging to read idea, not the Psycho body parts one]

Obviously it would be a con, and I'd be taking money from poor saps who didn't know any better, but I suspect it would be very easy to do this in such a way that, while a con, it's a *legal* con, without very much fuss or mess. And I could make quite a bit of spending cash.

it *is* wrong, isn't it, to take advantage of people because they are gullible, naive, and easily parted from their money?

I so can't tell any more.

:e2seesaw:

I'd ask if anyone has seen my conscience, but I locked it in a trunk in the attic a long time ago.

:evil

Status
Not open for further replies.