Is it Weird To Be A Girl?

crazynance

~call me Mrs Writer ~
Registered
Reaction score
Website
crazynance.livejournal.com
Here in Ontario, women are legally allowed to go topless outside.

... o_O But we don't! [Hey, you wanna start a stampede or somethin'?]
My theory is that some man thought of that and convinced a woman it was her idea. Jeesh.

Being a girl can be fun. I"m personally not into the makeup and the hair and the fashion thing [ok, a little fashionista, but not much]. But it's my choice. I used to be all about that. Now, as Maestro said, who has time?
On the other hand, I know guys who wear more makeup than me and spend hours in the salon.. not all gay, But there are lots of guys who throw on clothes and leave the house, bathed or otherwise. This part isn't about gender. It's personality.

Only the anatomy is different. Some girls like it and some don't. Some aren't comfortable with it because someone else was a total jerk to them about it. Like my friend's dad always calling her fat, or her friends in gr 5 harrassing her because she already had breasts. Other people are really comfortable with their shape/size. I'm lucky, because I have efficiency boobs. Normally, they are hardly there. But when I needed them for nursing? Whoa baby. From AA to B during pregnancy, and up to D while nursing. Hint: if you are nursing DON"T bend over.. gravity is not your friend. And I loved being pregnant once I stopped barfing. And I luckily did not have complications with delivery either. Thank you God! Also, my weight came off in 6 months each time. It is pretty bizarre that you have to watch what you eat and drink while you're pregnant and nursing in case you hurt your baby. Like while I was nursing I couldn't have hot peppers. Which I don't normally even like.. But it is amazing to produce a little person out of your own body and be able to feed it.
Hormonal fluctuations happen to guys during teen years, and then basically disappear. Lucky so and so's. Some of us barely notice a change and others turn into, how did that lady put it?, "inbred hillbillys with knife skills".
My sister-in-law's male co-workers note the circles on her calendar and leave her ALONE for the week. I get a little cranky one day, then teary the next, then I'm back to normal: crazy.

But sometimes, when we have our little visitor it's hard to convince the spousal unit that NOOOO we can't WALK to the car! Especially since an hour before we were truckin' along just fine.. and NO dear, you don't want to know why! No we can't stop on the way home to get your lotto tickets..HOME NOW!! We don't mean to be grouchy, but you don't want to know the details, and we don't want to talk about it anyway [excuse for a pukefest], and we really appreciate you bearing with us for all this, and if you touch me, I will get violent. :*( Does that sound like fun to you?

We also have to watch how we talk to guys, because our guy will think we're flirting and get mad. Or if we're single and we're just joking around, the guy might think we're offering something we're not. That sucks. I mostly follow the Victorian rule.. just look at the pavement 10 feet in front of me.

David Conner

Wake up, my dear. We're home!
Registered
Reaction score
Both sexes have their particular crosses to bear. You have periods, but we have to shave every morning. You have to endure childbirth, but we must go forth to slay dragons and return to lay their treasures at your feet (although many women have become quite adept at dragon hunting these days). One thing you have on us is: we can't fake orgasms.

crazynance

~call me Mrs Writer ~
Registered
Reaction score
Website
crazynance.livejournal.com
Both sexes have their particular crosses to bear. You have periods, but we have to shave every morning. You have to endure childbirth, but we must go forth to slay dragons and return to lay their treasures at your feet (although many women have become quite adept at dragon hunting these days). One thing you have on us is: we can't fake orgasms.

yes we do. thank you for the dragon treasures. Yes you can, although it seems like a lot of work for either. *eeeekk! gotta go, spider alert!*