Schadenfreude-R-Us

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
Dear (Unfortunately) Colleague,

A coworker of ours died suddenly today, way too young to do so and of course leaving a grieving young widow and little children. Seconds after I got the departmental e-mail breaking the news, certain as the dawn follows the night your prurient ass was in my office asking questions. NO, I don't know how he died. NO, I don't know if he was sick. NO, I don't know how old his children are.

You do this WHENEVER someone dies. You like to chew on all things thanatological. I get it. You're socially awkward and it's how you connect with people. Could you do it in a way that offends me less? Could you, say, take up a passion for collecting Victorian hair jewelry? It's so distasteful to see you insincerely grief whoring all over the place, and you seem to think I need to hear about it.

Sometimes you remind me of the woman in the John Cheever short story Torch Song--the lewd and searching shape of death? The worst part is that you're a physician. I know docs can be all kinds of messed up, but that's one brand of insanity I have never encountered in the many, uh, wounded healers I know.

Oh how you give me the creeps,

Dr Rima

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
One place I worked, a woman's daughter tried to commit suicide. The first question out of a vulture's another woman's mouth: "How'd she do it?"

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
I know the type, Goddess help me. Sometimes you wonder if they're missing a decency chromosome or something.

And I'm awfully sorry to hear about your coworker. :(

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
(((Hugs)))

Can't really say that much that will help, but I'll listen.

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
The first question out of a vulture's another woman's mouth: "How'd she do it?"

That's this woman, exactly. A few years ago, one of our colleagues, a young mother, died in a single car accident.

Anyway, Morticia Addams went to the funeral home and did her thing--even though she didn't work with the deceased very closely--and then had to come back and ass on and on to everyone about how this woman had suffered from depression in life, and how the family suspected it was suicide.

Thanks for the tequila, chocolate and wishes :)