Status
Not open for further replies.

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
I sold a novel to DarkFuse today as part of an ongoing 6 book deal with them.

Along with the offer came a 3 book extension to that contract, which I was more than happy to sign.

I'm now contracted for 3 more novels with them, and takes our deal up to mid-2017, by which time I'll have done 7 novels and 4 novellas ( at least ) with them.

Blimey!

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! Congratulations!

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
CGs and good luck with the newly contracted books!

HeavyAirship

Aboard my phaneron.
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! Does knowing you have to write a certain number of novels affect your enjoyment of writing? Or does the security of having a contract make it more relaxing?

williemeikle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
Congrats! Does knowing you have to write a certain number of novels affect your enjoyment of writing? Or does the security of having a contract make it more relaxing?

Relaxing? Sorry, don't know the word :)

Actually it does take a lot of the worry out of the equation, while adding a certain pressure knowing that you now have a job that has to be done.

But it hasn't affected my enjoyment of the process in any way, especially given that one novel a year isn't a problem for me.

williemeikle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
Tremendous.

Oh, and weren't you complaining about being old, or growing older, or something to that effect somewhere on AW?

haha, you ain't old. (And this is coming from someone older.) :D

I was just thinking that I'll be past 60 by the time this contract is done. That's a definite milestone, and one I never really expected to reach when I was younger.

I remember my dad telling me that life speeds up as you get older. Never really thought about it until recently, but he was right. When you're ten a year is quite a while, 10% of your life. By the time you're 50 a year its only 2% of your life, so thinking about it that way, it's logical that it seems to be going faster.

See, I'm rambling...

Get off my lawn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.