What song are you listening to

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Open Your Heart by The Men

This is, about 5th spot for my album of the year. It's just very, very good.

Foley

ever decreasing circles
Registered
Reaction score
I waded 48 miles of swamps and 6 big rivers
Walked across 2 ranges of mountains and crossed 3 deserts
I got the fever, Sun stroke, Malaria, blue, moonstruck, skeeter bit, Poison Ivy and the 7-year itch and the blind staggers
I was give up for less, lost and dead a couple of times
Struck by lightning, struck by Congress, struck by friends and kinfolks well as by 3 cars on highways A lot of times in peoples hen-houses
I been hit and run down run over and walked on knocked around.
Im just sittin here now tryin to study up what else I can do to show that I still aint afraid of hard work

Woodie Guthrie - Workin Hard Blues

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Brick Yellow by Blazo

Take Jazz, lay over hip-hop beats and make gold. This guy is amazing.

L.W.Patricks

Registered
Reaction score
Currently I'm listening to Carbon Based Lifeforms....awesome if you're writing science fiction.

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Family Portrait by Radical Face

One of those bands that play good music, that tell a story.

This song is about, I think one of the band member's ancestor's life, where a man and woman fell in love, eloped, gave birth to a child, another--and this time, the mother died. The father kept on, providing for the two kids, but was grief ridden and beating them both. The older sister had to raise the younger brother (the narrator of the song), and acted as a mother in her absence. Later, the father dies, and the narrator leaves off that he was glad his father was around, only to feed him.

The song hits a bit hard.

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Backstreet Freestyle by Kendrick Lamar

I'm still trying to see how this got a 9.5 by Pitchfork (the highest rated album of the year, possibly for the entire year). It just doesn't sound worthy for that, and especially when the guy is talking about his penis with every song.

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Come Back To Bed by John Mayer

I've been writing a romance scene, from a female perspective, borderlining sex, and John Mayer is just the ticket for this. Though, I will always know he won't be as good as he used to be.

Oh, oh, and this pissed me off: I was watching a tech video with mono, left channel audio. So I hit the mono button on my receiver to balance that out. After a while, I put on my headphones and started writing. The music was dull, so I started to get a bit bored. Only after a while, I noticed and took it off mono and the music came to life. Ha... drawbacks.

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Common does a lot of acting, and music. He's an "entertainer", though, I'm unsure what he started as.

St. Patrick's Day by John Mayer

One of John's more emotional songs. Something about the minor chord change just makes this melancholy as hell.