• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

Ever Wish You Lived Some Place Where Things Were Happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

briannasealock

Registered
Reaction score
Either you are just telling yourself you don't want to do those things, or maybe you are just a bit different. Which is ok, I suppose.

I'm definitely different. lol. I never found those things interesting. I can write a club scene or whatever if I have too. I basically have an idea of it. And each club is different depending on the plot of the story and what have you. I've just never gone to one. *shrugs* I just don't know what's so fun about sitting at a bar with dude's hitting on me, or not as the case may be.

Also, my siblings basically used up the drama quota for our family. So, I very well couldn't do anything myself because of the crap they were pulling. And as the eldest of five kids, I kinda always had to be on my bet behavior. I kinda resent that too. I kinda want to write a character who resents her siblings for whatever reasons. I haven't come up with a proper idea for that need though. Anyway.

I totally suggest not going out and getting drunk with a bunch of strangers. Maybe if you have a group of friends and someone stays sober to make sure the rest make it out unharmed that could be doable. But, I'd be very careful, one never knows when their drink will get spiked.

Actually. I just hang out at the house a lot. I do a lot of research on line and I read blogs and stuff like that if I want to know something. I think this is why I'm preoccupied crime and stuff in that genre.

And yes, it's good to be different, if we were all the same the world would be boring. :)

Matty lll

Registered
Reaction score
I'm definitely different. lol. I never found those things interesting. I can write a club scene or whatever if I have too. I basically have an idea of it. And each club is different depending on the plot of the story and what have you. I've just never gone to one. *shrugs* I just don't know what's so fun about sitting at a bar with dude's hitting on me, or not as the case may be.

Also, my siblings basically used up the drama quota for our family. So, I very well couldn't do anything myself because of the crap they were pulling. And as the eldest of five kids, I kinda always had to be on my bet behavior. I kinda resent that too. I kinda want to write a character who resents her siblings for whatever reasons. I haven't come up with a proper idea for that need though. Anyway.

I totally suggest not going out and getting drunk with a bunch of strangers. Maybe if you have a group of friends and someone stays sober to make sure the rest make it out unharmed that could be doable. But, I'd be very careful, one never knows when their drink will get spiked.

Actually. I just hang out at the house a lot. I do a lot of research on line and I read blogs and stuff like that if I want to know something. I think this is why I'm preoccupied crime and stuff in that genre.

And yes, it's good to be different, if we were all the same the world would be boring. :)

Flipping hell! I could accept it to that point, you are right about people being different, but c'mon! Relax, and live a little mate! :D

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score

I would go stone cold nuts in a month if I stayed home almost all the time, and never did anything exciting, adventurous, challenging, or dangerous.

A woman can have her drink spiked, but I've never known a man to have his spiked, and I've spent a lot of time in everything from redneck bars to cocktail lounges.

But, really, don't you ever have the urge to go climb a cliff freestyle, or skydive, or go meet some strangers, or to walk down a dark alley and open that dirty door with the faded and peeling paint just to see what's in there?

Research on blogs and websites is nice, but what about living. What about experiencing things for yourself?

Ah, well, viva la difference.

Last edited:

Matty lll

Registered
Reaction score
I would go stone cold nuts in a month if I stayed home almost all the time, and never did anything exciting, adventurous, challenging, or dangerous.

A woman can have her drink spiked, but I've never known a man to have his spiked, and I've spent a lot of time in everything from redneck bars to cocktail lounges.

But, really, don't you ever have the urge to go climb a cliff freestyle, or skydive, or go meet some strangers, or to walk down a dark alley and open that dirty door with the faded and peeling paint just to see what's in there?

Research on blogs and websites is nice, but what about living. What about experiencing things for yourself?

Ah, well, viva la difference.

THIS a thousand times this.

I dont know any girl who is ever had their drink spiked, and I am the age bracket where that'd be most common I reckon.

How someone can never have been in a club/bar is incredible! Maybe I am a bit to much dionysian than apollonian recently but c'mon!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.