Names of PB publishers?

BlueDimity

Registered
Reaction score
I just finished a few short stories that I would like to be published into some picture books. I heard that some publishers accept PB submissions without an agent.

Are there any names that I should email my MS to?

Last edited:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Check the blue boards (VerlaKay) - it's a message board just for children's books and there's a whole forum there dedicated to publishers and wait times once you submit.

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished a few short stories that I would like to be published into some picture books. I heard that some publishers accept PB submissions without an agent.

Are there any names that I should email my MS to?

I strongly encourage you to research PBs further, before submitting it anywhere - to make sure your PB mansucripts are ready for submission and publishable as picture books - wordcount alone does not define PBs.

Check out the Children's forum for discussions of PBs.

Check out the Children's SYW forum where there are critiques of PB manuscripts, and if after reading a bunch of them you believe your manuscript is for a PB and ready to be submitted to agents/editors, post it for critigue in the Children's SYW forum.

good luck.

~suki

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I keep seeing PB publishers and PB agents and, every time, I get excited at the prospect of entities in this business made entirely from peanut butter.

Picture Books are nice, too.

BlueDimity

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks.
I suppose a stubborn girl who wants published more than to fix her lazy eye can do more research on picture books. =^]