AW WESTERN CONTEST - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
If some entrants are having significant, legitimate issues finding time to read the entries and vote, I don't see why the voting date can't be extended a bit. Sometimes life gets in the way of fun things like western contests. But if the date's extended, I'd make the revised date an absolute with no further possibility of extensions. Puma

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
7 out of 40 who had not voted yet when Harry posted today is a fairly significant percentage of the entrants. Puma

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just voted! :D

Really looking forward to the discussion afterwards.

Not only super (as Jim Bowen might say), but also smashing and great. :)

If some entrants are having significant, legitimate issues finding time to read the entries and vote, I don't see why the voting date can't be extended a bit. Sometimes life gets in the way of fun things like western contests. But if the date's extended, I'd make the revised date an absolute with no further possibility of extensions. Puma

I don't think an extension will be needed. :)

All entrants (save one) have been on-line and active and are aware of the vote deadline. I'll give them (not that they'll need it as I'm sure they are just taking their time to fit in reading with their RL) a last reminder on the last day.

The only entrant missing in action is J'Dubee who hasn't been on-line since the 1st of March. However, knowing J'D -- because his last visit was the same date as close of entry period -- I reckon he's lying low and will make an exciting last minute vote appearance.

Saying that, if you have his off-line details and can give him a nudge to make sure he's okay and knows when he has to get his vote in by, that'd be great. :)

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to pm Mac and ask her to check on Jay. That does concern me. Puma

TypoToffee

Registered
Reaction score
I thought Toffee was kidding, or had a case of cold feet. Is there a real reason to postpone it?

::::Does a little imp dance:::::

Yes, I was just kidding. I think y'all would have scalped and skinned me otherwise!

orion_mk3

Ne Cede Malis
Registered
Reaction score
No no. Around here, we bury you up to your neck in a fire ant hill :)

orion_mk3

Ne Cede Malis
Registered
Reaction score
:::rides out of town on the fastest horse she could steal (Orion's):::
I think my story may be unique among our entries in that it contains no horses!

...no, on closer inspection a lot of them don't. There goes my claim to fame.

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Todays Vote Tally :)

53 Votes

35 entrants

18 Non-entrants.

A great turnout for such a high word count and, no doubt, more votes to come in the next two-ish days -- excellent work all. :)

EddyJ

One day at a time, eh?
Registered
Reaction score
Once again, a big thanks to the 18 who took time to read 40 stories and vote even though they did not enter. That's a big commitment.

scifiwordsmith

Registered
Reaction score
Transmigrating between Earth and other points in t
Once again, a big thanks to the 18 who took time to read 40 stories and vote even though they did not enter. That's a big commitment.

I agree, good to see some votes from ones not entered. Just a few days left and Harry will have the thread up so we can all discuss the stories. Should be interesting.

Hats off to Harry for keeping us up to date.

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score

Yes, it was a big commitment and I offer my 'Thank you', as well. Wonderful show of support from folks who might not otherwise give Western a read. I love the AW community!

ladyleeona

fluently sarcastic grandma offender
Registered
Reaction score
Agghhh.

I'll just have y'all know that I self-banned myself since the 6th in order to focus on my schoolwork and not spend all my time on this thread.

I'll also have everyone know that my plan didn't really work.

WHY IS IT NOT THE 15TH YET?!? :)

I can't wait to see the results. (Well, I'm afraid for my little entry, but besides that....)

Scribe4264

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score

Yes it was. Thank you to all 18 and any stragglers that cast their vote into Harry's ten-gallon hat over the next two days as well.

:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
There is still time to vote. A good thing too, since I've only just managed to narrow my choices to five or six entries. Most challenging is now to pick out the top th ree from that list. Hehehe

WordCount

You don't have coffee? Go away.
Registered
Reaction score
I think my story may be unique among our entries in that it contains no horses!

...no, on closer inspection a lot of them don't. There goes my claim to fame.

I'm pretty sure mine *implies* one, but it doesn't state it.

KatieJ

I think I'm back....
Registered
Reaction score
Todays Vote Tally :)

53 Votes

35 entrants

18 Non-entrants.

A great turnout for such a high word count and, no doubt, more votes to come in the next two-ish days -- excellent work all. :)

As Harry wrangles the last of the dogies into the pen, I think we owe him another big thank you for all his hard work. I'm looking forward to seeing him relax and put his feet up on the hitching post, have a drink and a chaw.

Dave Hardy

Don't let your deal go down,
Registered
Reaction score
Agghhh.

I'll just have y'all know that I self-banned myself since the 6th in order to focus on my schoolwork and not spend all my time on this thread.

I'll also have everyone know that my plan didn't really work.

WHY IS IT NOT THE 15TH YET?!? :)

I can't wait to see the results. (Well, I'm afraid for my little entry, but besides that....)

This is yet another lesson for me in how to wait for something. I merely check the site 143 times a day to see if it's the 16th yet.

ladyleeona

fluently sarcastic grandma offender
Registered
Reaction score
My Mom used to say,
Don't wish your life away.

I don't want to wish my whole life away, just the next couple days. ;)

As Harry wrangles the last of the dogies into the pen, I think we owe him another big thank you for all his hard work. I'm looking forward to seeing him relax and put his feet up on the hitching post, have a drink and a chaw.

Definitely. This contest has been a blast, and I thank HH for hosting it. He's the cat's meow :)

This is yet another lesson for me in how to wait for something. I merely check the site 143 times a day to see if it's the 16th yet.

Me too. I was quite productive when I banned myself. Of course, self-banning doesn't stop you from coming to the site, it just stops you before you get to the forums :).

I wonder if Medi messed up...maybe I'm not still banned...I'll go check, just in case....

It's somewhat like repeatedly running into a brick wall, hahahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.