• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Wanted:Beta reader 1000 words essay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles_D

Registered
Reaction score
Genre: Fiction
Action/horror?
Credentials: Anyone
I would like a beta reader as soon as possible please, because I'm stupid enough to leave the need for a beta to the last day :D
I'll pm you a link to the file
I think that people got me wrong
I just need a punctuation fix.

Last edited:

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
Hey Charles,

I don't want to sound rude, but your first post on this forum is to ask for a beta...and for an essay?

I understand that you may have trouble with the essay, but try a spellcheck program like in MS Word. We aren't here to help improve your grades in the nick of time - your grades are your responsibility.

I hope you find someone to help you out, but I just wanted to point out that, in my opinion, this isn't what this forum is for. You would do good to interact with the members here and post some comments before you ask for someone to beta your work.

Also, it's "necessary" instead of "nessicary."

quicklime

all out of fucks to give
Banned
Reaction score
charles, agreed--a beta generally means you agree to work on each other's projects in order to help develop as a writer, not a way to collect a free proofreader for class assignments.....the above completely side-stepping the notion you're trying to "get the geeky kids to do your homework for you."

If you're here to learn to write, stick around--you'll learn a ton. But not like this.

Ketzel

Leaving on the 2:19
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, I hope Charles doesn't get help from this community. I don't think it's appropriate for a student to wait for the last minute to complete an assignment and then ask us to provide a volunteer to rapidly do the work he should be doing for himself. Especially when that student is a stranger here. And with his (original) 11 hour deadline, what did he propose to do if he did get comments and they indicated the piece needs a substantial amount of work to revise? I'd guess one of two things: make the easier typographical corrections and ignore the rest, or ask for a lot more help in a hurry.

And what exactly is a fiction action horror genre essay?

Last edited:

Billtrumpet25

Registered
Reaction score
Actually, I hope Charles doesn't get help from this community. I don't think it's appropriate for a student to wait for the last minute to complete an assignment and then ask us to provide a volunteer to rapidly do the work he should be doing for himself. Especially when that student is a stranger here. And with his (original) 11 hour deadline, what did he propose to do if he did get comments and they indicated the piece needs a substantial amount of work to revise? I'm guess one of two things: make the easier typographical corrections and ignore the rest, or ask for a lot more help in a hurry.

And what exactly is a fiction action horror genre essay?

Completely and utterly agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.