Status
Not open for further replies.

Celeste Carrara

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celestecarrara.com
I'm going to enroll the first book of my paranormal series (Give Me Forever) in KDP select. Currently it is available as an ebook on KDP, Kobo, iBooks (through D2D & it's also on page foundry & Scribd), All Romance Ebooks & B&N, and in paperback at Createspace (which makes the paperback available at B&N & all other sites Createspace works with).

I just delisted it on all sales channels except KDP & Createspace. If I enroll in KDP Select, is it ok that the paperback is on Createspace. I'm assuming it is, I just want to double check.

I'm doing this because this book hasn't been selling. The other books in the series sell moderately and mostly on Amazon & B&N, but they are also on Kobo & AllRomance and I will keep them for sale on those sites. My other books not related to the series sell well and my newest release (which is my only book currently enrolled in select) is selling well and doing well in Kindle Unlimited.

My goal is to do free days for Give Me Forever in hopes it'll sell more of the rest of the series and get people into the series before the 5th book is released this fall. I'm also hoping to get more reviews, but my main goal is to attract new readers and hopefully they will buy my other books, even the ones not in my series.

For those who have done free days in KDP select, how did you choose which days you offered the book for free? Did you do a few days in a row or split it up? Also, did you contact any websites or blogs beforehand to let them know the book would be free? If so, any particular ones I should make sure I contact?

RikWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Createspace is fine. You just can't have it available for sale as a digital download anywhere else if it's in KDP Select.

RevanWright

inconveniently drunk
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.andreatheend.com
I had mine free for the first week it was out. Make sure it's available through the weekend at least, as that's when you'll probably get the most downloads. I'd recommend making the most of it and putting it on Bookbub during the free promotion. Try to get as much exposure as you can.

Celeste Carrara

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celestecarrara.com
Thanks for the info!

I pulled the plug and set up the free days for just 2 days as a trial over a weekend in Sept. We'll see how it goes :)

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Celeste, you might want to try Pixel of Ink. If they list your book, you should see a lot of downloads, and they don't charge a listing fee.

I was lucky enough to have my book featured on PoI last September, and I ended up getting quite a few reviews.

Celeste Carrara

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celestecarrara.com
Celeste, you might want to try Pixel of Ink. If they list your book, you should see a lot of downloads, and they don't charge a listing fee.

I was lucky enough to have my book featured on PoI last September, and I ended up getting quite a few reviews.

Thanks for that info! I'm going to try to get it on there!

Status
Not open for further replies.