Not open for further replies.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I keep reminding myself of the things about them which I like. She gives me scads of books. She encourages my writing. She buys The Kid things. She makes my brother-in-law happy.

Gluten-free, though, with no warning? Sheesh. I honestly think the next time they visit, we should stop at the grocery store on the way back from the airport and say that we're paying, but we need them to select the day's meals.

Maryn, somewhat recovered

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
i had a boss with a wife who was gluten free. I thought about inviting them to my house for dinner and he sent me gluten free instructions and decided against it. there was so much I didn't know about like soy sauce! mayonaise! really?!?! You can't spring that on someone last minute. she sounds like a drama queen.
She gives me scads of books. She encourages my writing. She buys The Kid things. She makes my brother-in-law happy.
those are very nice attributes though.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My brother-in-law is my age. I think he'd pretty much stopped dating and was becoming pretty reclusive, and when he did anything besides go do work, it was alone. Before he met Ms. Flake, I doubt he'd had a date in ten years. She pursued him pretty actively.

She's not as bad a person as the picture I paint of her here. Hosting her/them is difficult. Meeting them in another city where we eat out every meal, and have just-us time in our hotel room, works much better.

My cute bathroom is fully restored, the towels washed and rehung, the sink and mirror cleaned, one dot moved three inches. It still makes me smile. I know that won't last, so I'm enjoying it while it does.

Maryn, dotta about her dots

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I always think I'll do whatever is on the to do list on the weekends then the weekend comes and I am tired and stressed and want to relax with the hubby and doggies.

I'm the same. Went to the park this past weekend, that's about it.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
thanks beatrix! how do you like the boat we're in together?! Ha ha.

so my boss gave me chick fil a coupons, free nuggets with the purchase of a meal. we're going to have some spoiled doggies tonight.

maryn- family: happy to see them come, happy to see them go.

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, House.
I set out two hostas this morning.
I had a very good Memorial Day. I spent it with my family. My stepmother gave me one of the hostas I set out.

Russ Mars

Interesting little planet you've got here.
Registered
Reaction score

"Komnena reports an intense hostas situation. Film at 11."

Oh, I'm sorry for that. It's early, hot and humid so I'm not completely responsible for my actions. G'morning, all!

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score
Given the heat level here, Russ, you're not so far off the mark. I intended to clear out more space for them but today is the least hot day this week. I see much use of the watering jug in my future.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Russ wins first out-loud laugh of the day.

I have decided I'm done complaining about those people. Whew, huh? Now I'm back to pleasant from a distance. She is a voracious reader who has just praised my first chapter. Who doesn't like ego strokes?

We went to a baseball game last night. The game was so-so (local team lost, big-time), but the people-watching was good. There was an adorable young couple close enough to observe minutely yet far enough not to hear us discuss them. She was plump, with a lovely face, and he was skinny, with lots of tats, and just crazy about her. They were so much fun to watch.

Maryn, wishing a few players were that cute

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like people watching too.

My grandma used to like to go to the mall to do that. We'd sit on the bench and talk. it was great.

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
Breaking news on the hostas situation: I was just over at a neighbor's, George, and he was showing me all his bloomin' flowers...beautiful...but he has hostas all over his yard. He's not sure how many he has right now, but last year he and his boarder counted 1200! Now that's a severe hostas situation!

What a beautiful day it is! Didn't turn out miserable at all...in the 80s, a nice steady breeze and very little humidity.

Russ, realizing the sun got through the minimal ground cover on his head. Ouch!

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hmmm I have hostas in the back yard. they come back everyyear with no attention from me. maybe I need to plant some in the front yard. I wonder if you can divide them if they spread???>>>

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if you can divide them if they spread???
Sassy, I think that's exactly how my neighbor ended up with so many. I could pick his brain a little over the next few days and report back if you'd like.

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
No, problem!

Russ, who understands all too well about bein' po.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, House.
I had a very good Memorial Day. I spent it with my family. My stepmother gave me one of the hostas I set out.

Glad to hear it.
Since I was wondering what a "hostas" was...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosta

We went to a baseball game last night. The game was so-so (local team lost, big-time), but the people-watching was good. There was an adorable young couple close enough to observe minutely yet far enough not to hear us discuss them. She was plump, with a lovely face, and he was skinny, with lots of tats, and just crazy about her. They were so much fun to watch.

One of my favorite activities whenever I go somewhere with a crowd. I remember visiting the city last summer, and a date and I sat at a little cafe watching a couple. We could tell by their facial expressions that it was a date and it wasn't going well. (He couldn't figure out what to say to her and she just didn't look that impressed with him.) Ah, young love.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have hostas some years. Damned deer. So far they've about 18 inches tall, and nobody's munched on them. Yet. Once the deer decide to go for it, they eat 'em down to about two inches.

With our extremely wet May, I also have a bumper crop of toadstools. They're cool in a creepy way.

Maryn, pretty much the same

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score
Morning, House. I don't think we have deer in my neighborhood. Opossums and raccoons, but no deer.

TerraAnn

Alias: Anastasia Beaverhausen ;)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
terraannpitre.webs.com
Morning everyone! :hi:Hope you're all well. I just moved into a new apartment. Worked 9 days in a row, spent all of my day off yesterday moving, and work again for two more days. Then I have the weekend off. I'm tired, but SO in love with my new apartment and looking forward to the weekend. Plus, I actually love my job. So today will be a good day, even if I would rather be sleeping through it, lol. Hope you all are having great weeks!

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
We get deer, opossums, racoons, black squirrels, rabbits and groundhogs. All things considered, it's a wonder there's any vegetation remaining at all, but the neighborhood is a lush one...as is the guy at the end of the road!

Good morning, all!

TerraAnn

Alias: Anastasia Beaverhausen ;)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
terraannpitre.webs.com
sassandgroove, your profile picture is soooo cute! Your puppy is adorable! I just had to point that out on an unrelated note to everything. I saw it and it made me want to snuggle my dogs that live at my mom and stepdad's house. I'll have to pay them a visit soon now so I can, lol

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
TerraAnn, congrats on your new apartment! You've got to be exhausted.

Russ, who hates moving and has only done it about 30 times in 56 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.