Status
Not open for further replies.

AceTachyon

Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com
Hm. There appears to be multiple Cantina "votes" for the Bay City cyborg SWAT idea.

It's been something I've been toying with for several months. Especially after Pthom once asked me in the chatroom about Bay City police's responses to the various shootings that Kat and Mouse get involved in.

I'm seeing it as more of a combined Major Crimes Unit, Homicide, and SWAT team, with members who are cybernetically augmented. Investigations and tactical response to crimes committed by those persons who are more augmented than the usual BC citizen.

With a tone somewhat like NCIS.

So I guess I'll cover both sides of the law in Bay City

Hmmm. Should I wait a bit before I do Law and Order: Bay City 2042?

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Is this sort'a like the AD Police in Bubblegum Crisis?

AceTachyon

Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com
Is this sort'a like the AD Police in Bubblegum Crisis?
And for you anime-literate, it'll be a combination of BGC's AD Police, ESWAT from Appleseed, and Section 9 from Ghost in the Shell (movie and series).

With the tone of Dominion: Tank Police.

I mean, I already "borrowed" from Gunsmith Cats and Dirty Pair for Kat and Mouse. I figured why not those?

Last edited:

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
And for you anime-literate, it'll be a combination of BGC's AD Police, ESWAT from Appleseed, and Section 9 from Ghost in the Shell (movie and series).

With the tone of Dominion: Tank Police.

I mean, I already "borrowed" from Gunsmith Cats and Dirty Pair for Kat and Mouse. I figured why not those?

I have to salute you for invoking the Dirty Pair. They just don't get enough recognition anymore.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
They.... don't? Even when they deserve it??

*wonders what's wrong with me*

... which is rhetorical, and does not require answering.

:tongue

Yeahbut... Aren't you a sheep? *blink*

Srsly, though.. Yeah, when people are being asshats, I don't mind being mean, but when it's someone who's ... Well, just not up to par for whatever reason.... I find it's only fun to kick a man while he's down when you have a safe word, I guess. ;)

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You know, I think it's about time I finally write that Lovecraft/Harlequin/Louis L'Amour mashup. Look for Hot Cthuhlu Cowboys at a bookstore near you....

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeahbut... Aren't you a sheep? *blink*

Your point being....?

Or did you miss the scary sheep postings?

when it's someone who's ... Well, just not up to par for whatever reason....

If they are mentally unarmed, it's not my fault.

Should have armed himself.

:guns:

(Or herself, I suppose, but that wasn't the quote.)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Laurell K. Hamilton and Jim Butcher are more fast paced, action-y, first person stories that also focus somewhat on investigative methodology.

Only up to the point where she switched publishers (which would make Obsidian Butterfly the last of those). After that, it was thinly veiled Mary Sueism, that grew increasingly less veiled, and badly written smut that seemed to treat rape as ok as long as it was the heroine as rapist and she could blame "magic."

Which is why I stopped reading her, despite really enjoying the earlier books.

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
You know, I think it's about time I finally write that Lovecraft/Harlequin/Louis L'Amour mashup. Look for Hot Cthuhlu Cowboys at a bookstore near you....

If only Goodreads, would let me add Hot Cthuhlu Cowboys to my to-read list NOW...

Only up to the point where she switched publishers (which would make Obsidian Butterfly the last of those). After that, it was thinly veiled Mary Sueism, that grew increasingly less veiled, and badly written smut that seemed to treat rape as ok as long as it was the heroine as rapist and she could blame "magic."

THIS. So much THIS.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
GAIS GAIS GAIS!

I misses you all... and I was too busy at lunch to come online and chat and I shouldn't be here now....

in short: internets on Wednesday.... but may not have replacement 12v tranformer that kitteh destroyed replaced until Thursday. (THANK YOU EBAY!)

Kitteh is fixed - still cranky

Apt is magnificent - much roomier than I thought, though still darling, and has so many maintenance issues... so many maintenance issues... everything in this mug is old,but the dishwasher works, the place is so private and the view in the back - oh my gawsh! The manmade river, with ducks!! is right off my patio, and there is a young willow (not old man willow, you understand) growing on the banks of the river.

It's magical.

If I can't write there, I should just quit trying to write. For reals.

I hope to be back soon.... it sucks being w/o tv and innernets!! I can deal once I get my internet back.

Luv u's all!

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
The manmade river, with ducks!! is right off my patio, and there is a young willow (not old man willow, you understand)** growing on the banks of the river.

It's magical.

**Despite this, i still expect to see Goldberry come tripping around the curve in the river, dripping green and gold!

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score

I'll have to take your word for it, Bos, I'm actually only familiar with the first few books.

Status
Not open for further replies.