The Next Circle of Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noompsy

Ow
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, it's tough. I had to interrupt my WIP 1/4 of the way in while I went to my book on sub for a major round of revisions. Now I'm back at it and finding it really tough to sink myself back into the material. I'm just starting to make progress again after a week back on it.
Drachen, I don't even know how I'd do it. I revised this with the agents twice before it was "ready" and each revision was harder than the one before. But as you noted, I could see it making the work better. It was such a bear though. No way would I be able to do anything else while that was going on. For what it's worth, it usually took 5-6 weeks to get feedback on each revision. (Though everyone's different.)

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Oh I don't want feedback. :)

I want her to send me a breathless e-mail about how it's the best thing she's ever read, and she's personally going to take it to editors tomorrow and stake her career on them liking it.

Failing that, a nod of approval would suffice I suppose.

She did say she'd try to read it last weekend and she'd contact me this week. I suspect if she had read it last weekend I've had heard by now.

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
Just coming by to set up my sobbing nook in case I get a R at the end of next week. Just revamped my plot for an editor and sent her opening chapters and a summary for the rest. My agent says she's feeling very optimistic. When the editor first told my agent she was interested in revising, she sent me a box for 13 books from the imprint! So I know she's interested. I just hope I addressed her concerns with my new stuff.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it's my dream imprint *sigh*. I might cry if she rejects me. Actually, I'll probably definitely cry. I already turned down another because they asked me to change the only thing I decided I'd never change. So if this doesn't pan out, it'll probably be another round of subs and more waiting.

Good luck to everyone else. I didn't realize this board was here. Glad I found it.

rosiecotton

Lover of Tea
Registered
Reaction score
Crossing everything, Missesdash. That's a tough wait. But yay for free books. I was happy dancing for a week when I got a box from my pub. I couldn't stop touching them.

Any way you'd rep me the imprint? Just out of interest. I'll keep super quiet.

YAwriter72

someone let me off this crazy ride
Registered
Reaction score
We all live under the same sky, but we don't all h
Website
www.leebross.com
I have a really hard time switching anymore, since I started doing revisions with my editor. I really didn't have time to work on anything else, and I'd panic every time I even tried, because the next round would be coming and I'd have to stop writing again to revise.

Its taken a long time now to get back into working on something new. I also have 3 other WIPS that *could* be revised, but I'm not feeling any of them right now.

Its tough to get yourself back into the groove sometimes.

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
Crossing everything, Missesdash. That's a tough wait. But yay for free books. I was happy dancing for a week when I got a box from my pub. I couldn't stop touching them.

Any way you'd rep me the imprint? Just out of interest. I'll keep super quiet.

Thanks! And sure, I repped you.

But yeah my books keep me company at least :')

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Ian Hamilton's book is slowly catching up but this is a marathon -- the competition runs until March 31st so anything can happen. But very cool to be there! As always, your support is much appreciated!

rosiecotton

Lover of Tea
Registered
Reaction score
Go, Peggy!

Guys, I'm a total dumbo. You might have noticed that my avi's changed, so... yeah. Cover hit the wild over the weekend, so we did a hasty share yesterday. The blog post's here, (on my blog that's not really a blog) if you want to see it in all it's glory. (Recommended)

ETA: Maaaaadddd! May the force be with you. Always.

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
Rosie's cover is AWESOME!!!!!!!

Congrats, Mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And best of luck to everyone out on sub! We lost our British publisher a couple of weeks ago (long story, best for DM) so I'm out on sub, too in the US and UK, and it seems to take FOREVER.

Drachen Jager

Registered
Reaction score
It's always disturbing to me when people change their avatars. Sort of like they came to work one day with a completely different face.

Looking good though Rosie!

JBuck

Registered
Reaction score
Go, Peggy!!!
Awesome cover, Rosie!!!
And good luck, Mad!!! How exciting!!!
I'll throw in some extra !!!!!!!! just for the sake of it. Might bring those of us in the waiting booth some luck. :e2fairy::gaah

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
Btw, if any of you want to vote in the CBC contest, you can. No residency requirements apply. For some reason, they've decided to allow multiples votes (one per day) so I think it will come down to stamina (last year it was one vote only; not sure I understand the change). Anyway, the link is here. And TBO is now neck-and-neck with Ian Hamilton's wonderful book.

http://www.cbc.ca/books/2012/03/the-second-annual-cbc-bookie-awards.html

st22

Registered
Reaction score
Peggy,
What a stressful way to run a contest!!!! I bet you're checking that site like every 2 minutes. I just voted for you and will try to keep doing so time permitting. It gets my mind off my subs for 10 seconds :)

Congrats to all the hellions who are rockin' it out there in sub land!!!

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Voted. Also for a purgie in the International Fiction category - Night Circus. :)

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
Rosie your cover is really really nice. Especially the way you described the foil print and matte cover.

rosiecotton

Lover of Tea
Registered
Reaction score
Oh no! Peggy's lost the lead! Help out everyone.

Wha? Not good. Can't be allowed to continue.

And thanks for the cover love, guys. I really appreciate it.

Rosie your cover is really really nice. Especially the way you described the foil print and matte cover.

Thanks. We won't know for sure until the printers run a test and they can see how it looks, but it should pop.

Drachen Jager

Registered
Reaction score
Peggy has your vote for BO?

That doesn't sound good. She's re-taken the lead though!

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, thanks, you guys! You rock! This competition is going to be a nail-biter right up until March 31st, I think. And you know what, Ian Hamilton wrote a great book, so I'm up there with the best. Fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.