Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Yeah, well, bring your own mustard too.

And since no one wants to talk Formula 1, I'll leave you savages to it. Sigh. I'm alone.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
WerenCole said:
The official nation view puts Johnny Judas Damon in the same league as all the other hired guns of the Yanks who have not won a series. . . ie Sheffield, A-Rod, Giambi etc. He is a formidable foe and we respect his talents but his injustice cannot / willnot be forgotten.

Other than that he seems like a reasonable chap. A little arrogant, but when you are on the same team as A-Rod, all of a sudden you look incredibly modest.
Yeah, but he was one of The Idiots. He did help bring the Red Sox a World Series, and he hit a couple of very significant homers on the way there -- if I remember correctly, he had a grand slam in ALCS game 7, and led off WS Game 4 with a solo shot.

I can't see how people would throw that away; I'd think there'd at least be some ambivalence. Clemens would be more of a Judas, I'd think. Not to mention Pedro. "Respect"? Please.

You have to feel for the guys who got shipped out - Nomar, Mientkewicz, Roberts, Derek Lowe, Mueller, Millar, Arroyo....

If Epstein's still a hero after shipping out these guys, why does Damon suffer?

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Perks said:
Yeah, well, bring your own mustard too.

And since no one wants to talk Formula 1, I'll leave you savages to it. Sigh. I'm alone.
When Mark Webber gets an engine that survives the race, I'll join you for an espresso and Gauloises at Monaco. Promise!

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Well, they're rumored to be getting Renaults at Red Bull next year, so... The Ferraris have been quite reliable, so even if they give the Renaults to Toro Rosso, he'll be in better shape.

He's cool. I like Mark Webber.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Haggis said:
And that's why I buy

hebrew_national.jpg
IIRC, these are served at beautiful Jacobs Field, Cleveland.

*sigh* I miss pro baseball. I'd better get to the beach this weekend and ease my pain in a few rolling waves.

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
poetinahat said:
If Epstein's still a hero after shipping out these guys, why does Damon suffer?

Because he is a hypocrite. . .

All the success he had with the Sox only makes matters worse. Kinda like Boggs. I cried watching Boggs on the horse after the Yanks won in '96.

samgail

poll dancer
Registered
Reaction score
poetinahat said:
*sigh* I miss pro baseball. I'd better get to the beach this weekend and ease my pain in a few rolling waves.

*knife twists* I forgot to plug my car in, I better put my parka on and check.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
WerenCole said:
Because he is a hypocrite. . .

All the success he had with the Sox only makes matters worse. Kinda like Boggs. I cried watching Boggs on the horse after the Yanks won in '96.
I never really thought Boggs gave that bleed-for-the-cause feeling. Too aloof; too stats-oriented. Kind of a "Yeah, we lost the game, but I went 3-for-4" guy.

Game 7 is on in the NLCS... finally. I hope it goes 38 innings.

expatbrat

Look what we made:
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.expatbrat.com
The Yankies are that team that play in sox instead of shoes right?

All the American-football-padding is pretty woosie if you ask me. Real men play RUGBY!!! Who has the best looking rugby team. I'll admit it is def not Australia (huge shame - guess all our hot guys are rowing boats down at the surf clubs). The New Zealand team look fantastic in thier tight black outfits. And the British team look nice in their white and red.

Am I using this thread correctly?

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
World series predictions? Go on record now (and gloat or sulk later).

Tigers in 5.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
And Michael Schumacher had fuel line problems, leaving him at P10 for the final race of his career. <sob>

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So... How 'bout that Kenny Rogers? As I write this, he's pitched 7 innings of one-hit, shutout baseball. 92 pitches. I bet he faces two more batters, then leaves the game to the ovation of a lifetime.

Man, I wish I could be seeing this on TV.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
poetinahat said:
So... How 'bout that Kenny Rogers? As I write this, he's pitched 7 innings of one-hit, shutout baseball. 92 pitches. I bet he faces two more batters, then leaves the game to the ovation of a lifetime.

Man, I wish I could be seeing this on TV.

Aw, Poet. It's awesome. Sorry you're missing it.

It's 39 degrees F in Detroit right now. What a day for baseball.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Could be -- I think they're about the same age.

You just keep decoratin' my life, Perks.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Perks said:
Well, us being islands in the stream and all...

(this could get stupid - fast)

As long as someone doesn't ruin it by interjecting baseball updates.

Bottom of the 8th. 2 hitter for Rodgers. Still 3 zip.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fortunately, my Kenny Rogers music knowledge is spent.

Wish I could help you, Perks -- I didn't watch the race. I salute Schumacher as one of the all-time greats, but I can't really feel sorry for him. He did very well (Schumacher-like, even) to climb from last to fourth, but hey -- he won, what, SEVEN championships? He didn't make a lot of friends along the way, but hey -- nor did many of his predecessors.

Meanwhile, Rogers has thrown 98 pitches. Does he get a chance to pitch a complete game? (And whatever happened to complete games, anyway?)

Still, the Cards are within striking distance. The Tigers have left a lot of runners on base; I hope they aren't left to rue their profligacy!

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
poetinahat said:
Wish I could help you, Perks -- I didn't watch the race. I salute Schumacher as one of the all-time greats, but I can't really feel sorry for him. He did very well (Schumacher-like, even) to climb from last to fourth

And that's not the whole story. Mechanical failure yesterday led to a tenth place starting position. Within nine laps he was battling for fourth and suffered a punctured tire from debris on the road. So, that's when he ended up last to come back all the way to fourth.

It was great...

Okay, I'm done. Back to baseball.