Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
@ Dragon: A blog is a web site on which an individual or group of users record opinions, information, etc. on a regular basis. Kinda like a public diary/ e-zine.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Yaaaay!

What would you guys want to read about on a writer's blog? Hoping it will give me some inspiration.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
couldnt tell you... after all i dont even know what to write about!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I have a music thing and reviews... Some people do advice, but I don't feel like I'm a good enough writer to do that, y'know?

ETA: Princess Diaries 1 & 2 = Epically inspiring movies.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I think i could give advice but no one reads my blog so i dont bother. Plus my advice would really probably only help people with a series... Opps talking and writing at the same time not good. hehhe

Last edited:

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
I'm ALWAYS looking for information on lit agents. There likes and dislikes. I have to admit that I stay on twitter just because I want to know what they are interested in. Write about a few agents current likes and dislikes.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Based on their blogs?

I need to do something with my Twitter account. I haven't used it in AGES.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
@ Dragon: A blog is a web site on which an individual or group of users record opinions, information, etc. on a regular basis. Kinda like a public diary/ e-zine.

Thanks. :D

amlptj : damn, just as i finish doing my blog post... Oh well... Anyway got a blog post up... Its a Teaser tuesday!

*LOL*

Fine, reYAWNs for a moment...

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Do some of you have Twitter accounts just for agents and authors but never update?

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
If I stop talking through out the day it's just because I'm editing.

:D Ditto... Working on that novel I chopped, MC just 'died', and now I'm going back to the past few months and 'school days'.

I was gonna take up with the other MC and his point of view as he holds the lifeless form of his Nephew - the first MC, but it just didn't jive as well... so I'll save it for later ;)

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
Dude. I miss writing stories with a traditional high school. My MC has a private teacher.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
that's why writing with my MC's in college is so much easier because college scheduling is so much more awesome then highschool.

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
It's different but I'm afraid how it will be received. Her teacher turns out to be the antagonist in the end so it's like....blah.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
that's why writing with my MC's in college is so much easier because college scheduling is so much more awesome then highschool.

Never been to college, not sure how it works and my brain always goes back to high school scheduling, so rather than look like an idiot I go with it. :D

Read the YAWN - you little 'catNmouse' writer you ;)

It's different but I'm afraid how it will be received. Her teacher turns out to be the antagonist in the end so it's like....blah.

Well, you can make that work...

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
I hope it isn't too transparent in the story. I try to make it to where you believe it could also be two other characters.

Never been to college, not sure how it works and my brain always goes back to high school scheduling, so rather than look like an idiot I go with it. :D

Pretty much can be anything you want it to be between the hours of 6 AM and 8 PM. Most of the time you have three different types of classes. MWF classes T TR classes and MTWTF classes. So you may have five classes but you only go to three on MWF and two on T and TR

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know whether to start updating my Twitter again.

a) I never knew what to post

b) I didn't have many followers

c) It's been ages...

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
That's good. A peice of advice on that kind of writing. Its always going to seem apparent to you because your the writer and know what's going to happen. Another tip would be to only leave a max of 3 hints throughout the entire book, if you have too, otherwise leave none at all.

My second and third books were very much like that. And the entire time i was freaking out it was too obvious who the bad guy/s were but when i had someone read them it blew there mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.