• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Please be my writing friend :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

havefaith22

Registered
Reaction score
I had the honor of co-authoring last year and it spoiled me immensely. I got so used to having that one person always there for me that since then I've been struggling to find my motivation to write. I miss the jam sessions and daily emails and am hoping to find another writing friend here. Not to co-author, but to co-write, if you know what I mean. I do have beta readers, but they are very busy with their own books coming out and can't meet my needs.

About me: I'm a 34 year old mother of three boys ages 3, 6, and 8, who also works full-time as a paralegal. I do own a Smartphone so can be reached at all times. I've written seriously for the past two years and have queried three projects. With my last co-authored project, three agents were on the fence about it, and ultimately passed. My strengths are plot, pacing, conflict, and dialogue. Description not so much. ;) I write a variety of genres. Currently, I'm rewriting my first MS, a light paranormal romance about reincarnation. I also have a paranormal MG in the works, have written an early chapter book, picture books, and co-authored two YA contemporaries. I'm pretty much up for anything beta-wise except Sci-Fi. I just can't get into that.

What I'm looking for: Someone who I can pm at any time of the day (not night ;)) to help me figure out a word I just can't think of. Someone I can email a page and ask if I'm heading in the right direction with the scene. Someone who writes similar genres, has similar experience/level of ability, and shares similar outside interests. Why the last bit? Because I'm looking for a friend too. :) Many of my friends don't understand my writing. I'd love to have one who does! I will do all of that in return, of course. I enjoy beta reading and have a quick return rate, centering most on word repetition, logic, and plot holes.

If you'd like to be my writing friend, and wouldn't mind me harrassing you during the day and vice versa, please pm me. I only need one so will post on here once I've found them. :) And yes, I am a smiley face addict if you hadn't noticed and also a very positive person who tries to find the silver lining in any situation. (I feel like I'm putting out a personal ad here!)

tedi.s

Demigods, wolves, & Vamps... Oh my!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a smiley Addict too! :) But I write M/M Erotica! :e2brows:
I can't type a line without a smiley!!! :)

I hope you find your perfect fit! Good Luck!!! :)

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Dreamer 76 you sound like a Dream come true. I don't know if I would be the perfect fit for you, but I would certainly like to try it out for a bit, like interviewing each other in a pm if you like? You can find me here a lot on the boards, so if you're interested, let me know.

Right now I'm Dreaming 75...if the piece fits to you any closer. I'm very responsive within the 24 hour range, but when I don't respond that's because real life got in the way. I too am dedicated and commited to my writing and around your age too. A bit older, just don't tell anyone. haha

I hope you find her, Dreamer...I'm sure you'll connect soon. Take care, name's Lisa

havefaith22

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Tedi. :)

Lisa, that's sweet. I checked out your blog and we have another thing in common. I also took a children's book writing course at the Institute of Children's Literature!

I've already found a writing buddy, but feel free to pm me if you ever want to hook up as betas.

Status
Not open for further replies.