• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Nancy Coffey Literary & Media Representation

Blind Writer

YA/MG Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kodykeplinger.com
Congrats on the book, ANT!

Sandra, good luck! LIke I said, she replied to my first 25 pages the same night, and said to send the full via email and snail mail ASAP. I"m hoping that means she'll read it quickly--and I'm hoping she'll be just as fast (and hopefully as positive--sh seemed very enthusiastic and nice) with your partial!! Good luck!

Blind Writer

YA/MG Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kodykeplinger.com
Thank you, Ant! Actually, you're good wishes may have worked. Joanna emailed me last night and asked if she could call me today. I'm hopig that means what I think it means. "squeek!"

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Ant! Actually, you're good wishes may have worked. Joanna emailed me last night and asked if she could call me today. I'm hopig that means what I think it means. "squeek!"

Whoa! Fingers crossed for you.

Annayna

Vampire
Registered
Reaction score
Gratz! I hope she wants to read mine. Mine isnt ready yet otherwise I would Query

Blind Writer

YA/MG Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kodykeplinger.com
Thanks guys! But what could this mean? I mean....she'd just email if it was a rejection, right? Right? OMG, I don't know what to think.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
It could be an R&R, so don't be wildly excited. Really excited is fine though. :D

MeganRebekah

Registered
Reaction score
I was just reading through this thread, and I started to feel nervous for you!

Let us know how it all goes!

Tuuli

Research Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys! But what could this mean? I mean....she'd just email if it was a rejection, right? Right? OMG, I don't know what to think.

When Joanna rejected my full, she didn't email to tell me she was going to be calling me. So I'd say things are looking very good for you BW. Congrats! Hope you manage to sleep tonight. Yea, as if! :D

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
So Blind Writer ... she called yesterday, right? How'd it go? Your fans are waiting! :D

Blind Writer

YA/MG Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kodykeplinger.com
Well, take a look at this.

Sent query 5/6
Partial Request 5/7
Full Request 5/7
OFFER OF REPRESENTATION 5/12

And i'm taking her up on the offer!! She loved the book, she was shocked no one else had offered to me yet, and when I told her I was interested in accepting, she goes,"Oh, good! I'm so excited!" Of course, my response was, "Uh, you're excited? I'm ecstatic!" She was very friendly and personable, and she was stunned to learn I'm seventeen, but she didn't have any problem with it.

She was ver nice, and her enthusiasm assures me that I'm making the right decision. I'm so happy!

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
YES! :D I am so thrilled! THE DUFF is awesome - I was rereading the first chapter the other day (resurrected by thread necromancers) and remembering how much I enjoyed it. You are a writer of twinkly awesome specialness, and I hope you're popping the champagne. :D

Blind Writer

YA/MG Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kodykeplinger.com
Wow, I've never been told I have "twinkly awesome specialness"!!!! That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me!!
Now, now, Para. You know I'm too young to pop the champaign. My mother has to cosign a contract for me, so I"d say champaign is mildly illegal.

fairy86

Loose on the internet!
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome news BW! I'm so excited for you. :hooray: Go have yourself an alcohol-free beer!