Comedy Cabaret--2012 Road Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Yeah. Cass seems a bit lonely lately. She could probably use some... well, you know...

And you, puppeh... I shoulda turned you into a Cass-erole when we got a divorce.

But actually, you got a point. I am very grumpy today. It's partly that I'm working on my synopsis. And it's partly the wildly conflicting advice I'm getting in SYW. Cut ALL set-up? Or add an ENTIRE FREAKING NEW FIRST CHAPTER of set-up? Or chuck the whole damn thing in a drawer and pretend I never saw it?

Anyway. I need some scotch. And some sexual innuendo. Lots and lots of sexual innuendo. And a whole lotta violence.

*reaches into thigh holsters, pulls out bottle of Laphroaig, some condoms, a can of whipped cream, and an Uzi.*

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
And you, puppeh... I shoulda turned you into a Cass-erole when we got a divorce.

But actually, you got a point. I am very grumpy today. It's partly that I'm working on my synopsis. And it's partly the wildly conflicting advice I'm getting in SYW. Cut ALL set-up? Or add an ENTIRE FREAKING NEW FIRST CHAPTER of set-up? Or chuck the whole damn thing in a drawer and pretend I never saw it?

Anyway. I need some scotch. And some sexual innuendo. Lots and lots of sexual innuendo. And a whole lotta violence.

*reaches into thigh holsters, pulls out bottle of Laphroaig, some condoms, a can of whipped cream, and an Uzi.*

Take the advice you want. Don't take the advice you don't want.

Then drink scotch.

What's so hard?

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Take the advice you want. Don't take the advice you don't want.

Ah, but at this point I'm swinging back and forth like [insert obscene testicle reference here], and wondering if, since everyone's so divided on it, the real problem is just that my manuscript stinks and my idea is unworkable. I had the same issue with my betas, so 'tisn't just SYW.

You've been there. Tell me you've been there. Lie if you have to.

Then drink scotch.

Now THAT I can do. And isn't that why we're all here?

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, but at this point I'm swinging back and forth like [insert obscene testicle reference here], and wondering if, since everyone's so divided on it, the real problem is just that my manuscript stinks and my idea is unworkable. I had the same issue with my betas, so 'tisn't just SYW.

Nope. Ain't been there. I write short stories, not novels. Never wrote a query in my life. Do what you think makes sense. If it works, it works. Then you can drink scotch. If it doesn't work, you can drink scotch. Life's good either way.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Yes.

Or, maybe not.

It's all up to you.

See how helpful that is?

*hands flask to Cassandra*

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Hold that thought.

*chucks manuscript in trunk.*
*throws in a couple of bowling balls*
*locks trunk*
*wraps chains around it*
*throws it in back seat of taxi*
*directs taxi driver to nearest pier*
*drags trunk out of taxi*
*tosses trunk into Hudson River*
*gets back into taxi and goes to Cabaret*
*takes flask from Kayleamay*

Thanks!

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I threw 'em in a trunk and ... wait for it.... Casst 'em into the Hudson. That's what they get for talking about cilantro and fennel when I'm in a grumpy mood.

I warned 'em.

Edited to add:

Oooooh...Scawy... this is my 666th post. And you know what that means.

That's right.

It's way past my bedtime.

Last edited:

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score

A near even division is actually a good thing in SYW, but relying on crits for an absolute answer will only drive you nuts.

If you're done with the book, put it aside and start a new one. In a few days pick it back up and read it through. Make whatever adjustments you want -- not what everybody else wants. If it's not ready, don't sweat it. Put it back in the drawer. For all you know the new book you're writing will be -- the one -- to get published. Then you can pull that other one out, dust it off, and start querying.

Writing novels is a marathon endeavor, not a sprint race.

Then start querying.

Now be a good girl and clack your Castanets for us....

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
Girlfriend, whom I haven't actually met yet in person, suggests I google 'how to satisfy a woman'

Will this take me to flower and candy shops?

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What you will actually get, Porter, is pictures of Sir Tom Jones.

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
BOY !!!

I guess it was a Freudian slip (Teehee) but I accidently googled 'how to not satisfy a woman"

The first link was to Crays home page. The next four were after action (teehee) reports of QW's escapades.

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What ginormous teeth you have, grandma.

Status
Not open for further replies.