Way to go, Brangelina!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
We don't have many rules here, but the golden rule applies not just to other writers, but to others in general, in my humble opinion anyway.

And for the record, no, I don't think that making snarky comments about other people's appearance is acceptable. It's disrespectful and petty.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
I think people will tend to comment on the attractiveness of people who have made their fortune by being attractive the same way they will tend to comment on the prose of people who have made their fortune by writing.

There is a way of doing it that is hopefully not disrespectful. Saying, well I don't care for such and such a writer's use of adverbs is within RYFW, so saying "I don't care for this aspect of this actors appearance" or whatever is probably not disrespectful either.

But if my comment about AJ's mouth came off as snarky or rude, I apologize.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not interested in who designed what and who wore it and how fat their lips/hips looked and how short their hair was cut and who forgot to shave what appendages before they were wed. As mentioned above, they tried to make a political statement out of their not getting married. Personally, when I make such a statement ("I'm never going to watch this network/buy this soap/eat this food again because of [INSERT ISSUE HERE]"), I stick by it until the issue is resolved and/or people have a change of heart. Whatever their reasons for making the statement and not standing by it, fine. That's up to them. But, hey, it's a little disappointing when two allies with cachet such as theirs don't have the wherewithall to stand up to their politics.

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
I'm not interested in who designed what and who wore it and how fat their lips/hips looked and how short their hair was cut and who forgot to shave what appendages before they were wed. As mentioned above, they tried to make a political statement out of their not getting married. Personally, when I make such a statement ("I'm never going to watch this network/buy this soap/eat this food again because of [INSERT ISSUE HERE]"), I stick by it until the issue is resolved and/or people have a change of heart. Whatever their reasons for making the statement and not standing by it, fine. That's up to them. But, hey, it's a little disappointing when two allies with cachet such as theirs don't have the wherewithall to stand up to their politics.

Exactly! Who gives a rats ass how they look? What matters is that they have power, made a promise, and broke that promise thereby possibly hurting the cause they've been trying to help with said promise. In other words, they lied. That and not their looks should be the main topic of the discussion surrounding the marriage.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
And with that, let's let this one go, eh?

People change their minds about stuff. Life circumstances change. Goals change. Priorities change.

Status
Not open for further replies.