Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
hi Lisa.

off to watch Shrek 2 with the girls and hubs for our movie night (complete with candy and popcorn). We try to do a movie night at least twice a month with them. Lorien however rarely makes it through. She usually falls asleep :D

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
OMG wine and fireflies. I think I might be crushin' on ya. (Jk, jk). Sounds like a fab/relaxing evening.

Haha! Crush away ;)

And I facebooked this, but I don't think I'm friends with any of you guys over there (sadface), so thought I'd share here as well...

2012-06-09184027.jpg

Oh, and I attempted to being writing a synopsis, but it just wasn't happening after that glass of wine. I'm a cheap drunk, lol!

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
Wrote a grand total of one sentence today. The car died again when Hubby was on his way out of town. I'm now fed up and ready to break down and finance another car, even though we have an agreement to pay cash for cars. Thanks to all the repairs our savings has dwindled.

Sorry, just had to vent.

Yay for everyone else's word counts though!!

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
You need to come to my house for a glass of wine. We can not write together, lol!

Seriously, though, car issues suck. Especially when they suck your emergency fund dry. Sorry you're dealing with that :(

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
You all have been so productive while I was gone. I've been working on kidlit Trouble stories in my head, but haven't written anything yet. I did work on my Dear Teen Me letter, which is due at the end of the month.

Tomorrow I'm going to run a 10K. I'm pretty excited, but a little nervous.

I've been talking to people at work, and I'm pretty sure that Supe has either misinterpreted what's going on or is flat-out lying to hide the fact that he's the one with issues with me. Anyway, it's a relief to find out that nobody has a problem working with me (except maybe him)

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
That's awesome Sage! I would love to be able to run a 10k.

Thanks justbishop! I'm borrowing a friend's truck for the week. My husband is out of town so hopefully I'll have writing time while he's gone.

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
No comment on word counts for today....or yesterday.

On the upside, my mom asked me about my upcoming book! She has NEVER asked me about my writing, and mostly brushed it off like a bug when I brought it up. She is acknowledging that this is what I want to do with my life...or at least what I say I want to do with my life, given that I haven't done any actual writing in two days.

Sage, glad to hear it is him, not you. We knew that. Are you a runner? I run about 12 miles a week, but have never done more than 3 or 4 miles at a time. You will do great. Do you wear costumes to these things? Some people do.

justbishop, sorry about the car issues. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do. Car notes suck, but it is better than the surprise of a tow and a repair bill out of the blue. I would love to be on a cash only basis for buying a car, but my husband is not good with planning beyond today. Today, we have two cars that are paid for. We haven't had car payments in many years, but they won't last forever, which is the thing he doesn't see (or prepare for).

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
@JB, Yay for the wine! And the cake! And that gorgeous wooded setting! *is jealous* *and is also facebook lame and can't even remember the password*

@Sage, gl with the run! *is jealous* *can't run for shit* *will drink wine and eat cake instead* :D

@Stiger, So, so sorry for the car troubles. Ugh. Nothing worse than having to dig into emergency funds. But, if you need a car to get around then that IMO is an emergency. ((((hugs))))

Why am I still up? ugh. Watched Shrek 2 for movie night with the girls and then hubs and I watched this weeks episode of SYTCD. Was blown away by the talent. BLOWN. AWAY.

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
@Stiger, So, so sorry for the car troubles. Ugh. Nothing worse than having to dig into emergency funds. But, if you need a car to get around then that IMO is an emergency. ((((hugs))))

Why am I still up? ugh. Watched Shrek 2 for movie night with the girls and then hubs and I watched this weeks episode of SYTCD. Was blown away by the talent. BLOWN. AWAY.

Hopefully we'll get it figured out soon. Part of me wants them to fix it and part of me wants to say screw it and just make payments. Oh well, I'll find out the damage tomorrow.

On another note, I love SYTYCD! Last week's auditions were amazing!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I do not have enough songs on the general playlist for Ruby -- one of my playlists for Invincible.

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
Lisa, sorry you are sick. Summer illnesses are worse than winter illnesses, when there is nothing better to do than stay inside.

It is HOT here. I kind of like it. Sultry and summery.

Dived back into my manuscript and feeling good about it. Transitions are a killer. I hate them!

Dorothy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dorothydreyer.wordpress.com
Wrote 500 words today. Hoping to add a few K to this WIP tomorrow because my editor just emailed me that she'll be sending me my round one edits for MSR on Wednesday. I'm kind of nervous about all the red. Yikes! I guess that's part of the publishing process though, right?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Dorothy, I'm looking at your blog. It's pretty!

I need to revive mine...

Status
Not open for further replies.