• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Fox Literary Agency (Diana Fox)

Samara Jensen

Registered
Reaction score
Equeried 8th Feb 2011

Nice but standard rejection received on 15th Feb 2011

Sunshine13

Mom by day, writer by night!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
christacarol.com
I'm in need of some advice! I met Diana last April at a conference and she requested a full. I had just received editorial feedback from a contest on the project so finished revisions before sending it to her. When I got it to her, it was in June, and she mentioned she was just getting to the conference pile. She was super nice, quick communicator....Then shortly after our communication, my e-mail got hjjacked, sending one of those links to all my contacts that probably linked to a virus. She isn't in my contact list (I check spam every day) so I don't THINK she would've gotten anything but I nudged her once in November, once mid January, and then a follow up this week and haven't heard anything. She's usually great about responding so I'm not sure if I should be worried that my e-mails are getting lost or blocked by her server or what not and I have no idea what I should do next other than continue to wait?

foliogal

Registered
Reaction score
Sunshine, have you tried sending her a note from a different email adress than the one you have been using. That would at least tell you whether you emails are being blocked by her server. Just a suggestion.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
If you try from another address, she will eventually get back to you.

That happened to me. I'd sent a requested full in August of last year from my regular email address, and status queried about two weeks ago. No reply, so I tried again today from another email address and got an answer (Diana's pretty backlogged, but she's getting to August submissions).

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Had she received the full at least, QoS?

GreaterGatsby

Registered
Reaction score
I never heard back from her, even when I nudged her saying I had an offer of representation. I'm wondering now if it just got lost?

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Partial sent Jan 10. 2011
Rejection received May 11, 2011

Personalized rejection from Diana Fox, on a partial for a big fantasy mms. She was concise, very kind, and very detailed on her reasons why she passed on my doorstopper. I've temporarily trunked that project now, but
I will definitely query her on others.

AntheaL

Mostly Cheerful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.anthealawson.com
Diana Fox sounds like a great agent, if a bit busy. I queried her 5/15 and am hunkering down for a long wait. Worth it, though. :)

alohachild

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marycmoore.com
I received a rejection from Diana Fox that appeared to be a form letter, but it had a sentence inviting me to submit future work if my current project was not signed. Is this just part of her form letter or did she see something she liked?

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I don't think so -- she wouldn't have included that if something about your writing didn't 'click' with her. She had my epic fantasy partial for four months last year, and returned a very detailed email about why she ultimately passed. I got the feeling, looking at her catalog since then, that she was more interested in urban fantasy and fantasy with a literary bent.
She's got a good rep in the business. If you have anything else that might appeal to her, you might consider querying her.

alohachild

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marycmoore.com
Thanks Filigree, unfortunately the only thing I have fantasy wise is a novel I wrote seven years ago... thought it was polished at the time, now I look at it and groan. I'll keep Ms Fox in mind though!

Anunnaki

Anathema to agents and publishers.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.byjohnwhitaker.com
Ms. Fox posts <[email protected]> on her website, but last week I tried sending a query and was told that address does not exist. Tried again today and got the same message. Does anyone have a valid email address for Diana Fox?
A new guy who will appreciate any word.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
That's the address listed on querytracker, too. :-/ Can't help you.

Looks like folks are getting through, though, looking at the data explorer on QT.

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Anunnaki,

I queried to that address on 12/1 and didn't recieve any indication that there was a problem with it going through. No report on QueryTracker, either, so I'd assume the problem is recent. Hopefully it'll be short lived.

If it comes to it, you could try snail. Her address is on her PM page.

GB

BarbaraSheridan

*insert catchy phrase here*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbarasheridan.com
I queried on 12/8 and didn't have any issues. Are you sure you didn't have a stray space or . or some odd bit that goofed the address. I've done that more times than I want to admit to, especially when c&p addresses.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Email query on the 18th with pages, full request on the 19th. Urban fantasy, 90k.

Ms. Fox posts <[email protected]> on her website, but last week I tried sending a query and was told that address does not exist. Tried again today and got the same message. Does anyone have a valid email address for Diana Fox?
A new guy who will appreciate any word.

The email address is definitely working.

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
I was checking into agents for my current WIP and stumbled across Diana. It appears as though her website is now directing right to her PM page.

Financial problems not being able to keep the domain, or just too much work keeping it up, maybe?