First time author seeks others of her profession for long proverbial walks through constructive crit

thewritingpiazza

Author, lawyer, multi-tasker
Registered
Reaction score
Hey all, or should I say some, well whoever is reading this I guess.

I've been writing since I was little. I have mostly written plays that have been produced on a small scale and a number of poems, but I have finally decided to bite the bullet and write my first full length novel. I read the newbie rules so I won't be posting any of it for a while as I dip my toes into the water in various places around the forum (I hear the water is nice). But I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a newly licensed attorney and while I am trying to find a job in this abysmal job market, I thought I'd use my down time to work on the novel I've always wanted to write. I'm about four chapters away from completion and I am hoping to be able to go the traditional publishing route and if that doesn't pan out I am also considering the self-publishing route. Thanks for taking the time to read this and if you have any questions about me just ask. Except that one, no you can't ask me that one, it would be rude. Ok bye!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

sabindanjoup

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. Might I recommend you start critiquing other people to get enough posts to be able to ask for critiques yourself.
I've only given four people feedback till now but I feel like I've learned a lot from the process.

Shrykespeare

Patron Saint of Self-Doubt
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome thewritingpizza! I mean, Piazza! (Damn, now I've got the urge to call Domino's up. Damn dyslexia.)

Look forward to sampling your work!

xDream

Hopeful Fish
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, and congratulations on almost finishing your novel. :) If you don't mind my asking, what genre is it?

thewritingpiazza

Author, lawyer, multi-tasker
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, and congratulations on almost finishing your novel. :) If you don't mind my asking, what genre is it?

It's science fiction and a bit on the YA side but I think grown ups might like it to, after all I'm supposedly a grown up and I think I would be something I would enjoy reading. :D

xDream

Hopeful Fish
Registered
Reaction score
It's science fiction and a bit on the YA side but I think grown ups might like it to, after all I'm supposedly a grown up and I think I would be something I would enjoy reading. :D

Ah, exciting. :) I look forward to hearing more about it~