Status
Not open for further replies.

AceTachyon

Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all my fellow Cantinarites.

Welcome to the Cantina, Ali.

I'll see everyone back here in a few days.

And I heard the sounds of powertools in Jericho's Command Post, as well as the Imperial March. So....brace for impact.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
My husband just called to say he saw a dude in a Santa suit, driving around with a massive velvet bag of presents in a cabriolet with the top down. It's dark out, and 7 degrees.

Wow. Just wow.

*ahem*

only going to say this once:

Since some of you won't be around tomorrow - myself included:

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays

*hugs everyone*

Yes, everyone. No snark, no sarcasm, just sentiment.
(Enjoy it while it lasts.)

xmas_smiley.gif

Merry Christmas!!! :Hug2:

Utilize the Husband Unit!

Husband unit was hinting that it would be awesome if I made him some breakfast. :( Fortunately through the power of caffeine, I was able to move. :)

Ah, the power of egg nog!

And rum balls. I'm guessing rum balls were involved. :D

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
If anyone is going out today, bring your mech battlegear.

It's brutal!

Just grabbed your book for the kindle. Sounds like a really interesting story. I can't imagine how much research you did, sounds like a ton based on the blurb. ;)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all my fellow Cantinarites.

Welcome to the Cantina, Ali.

I'll see everyone back here in a few days.

And I heard the sounds of powertools in Jericho's Command Post, as well as the Imperial March. So....brace for impact.

Merry Christmas! Have a fun holiday and maybe cut the power to the Command Post?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, it must be a holiday because some idiot ended my 14 year Not Being A Magnet For Vehicles and Various Degrees of Idiot Drivers.

Some rushed fool rear ended me. At a three way stop. Yeah.

I have a sore shoulder. He has a square tatoo in his bumper from my hitch receiver. Could be worse but I dont want a sore shoulder. Ow.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Afternoon folks. On a Lord of the rings marathon with mr macologist.
We just watched the first instalment, we seemed to spend an extra-ordinary amount of time saying 'they missed that out, they missed this out.' Fun in it's way and part 2 tomorrow.

Our neighbours are having a shin-dig next door so there is a steady thud, thud heading my way. Oh well, it's Christmas. Before you all think I'm a party-pooper, at one time they were pumping out a steady 18 hours a day of anything from Motown to The Who Live at Leeds. Part of me didn't want to complain because it was usually music I like but I really needed the sleep.

Books from the library,er, let me find 'em.

John Le Carre - Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (I discovered that this is now a film, the world flies past me again, I swear I live in a vaccuum) - I got this because I have the audiobook and I think I keep missing things so I am going to read along
Charles Dickens - Dombey and Son - I got this because I downloaded the audiobook from Librivox and I have been saying for literally years that I am going to read the entire Dickens output and I really need to get on and do it. Feel free to point out that I said something about catching up with modern fiction.
Richard Morgan - Black Man - on the recommended list here so I thought I'd give him a go.
Joe Abercrombie - The Blade Itself - I liked the cover, and figuring it worked when I picked up Terry Pratchett all those years ago I thought I'd go for it again
George R.R. Martin - A Clash of Kings - Recommended on here
Jim Butcher - Cursors Fury - Another on the recommended list
Complete Works of Nikolai Gogol Vol. 1 - I am listening to an audio lecture series about Russian literature and this guy sounds totally bizarre and it was either that or Dostoevsky and that was about a million miles thick and I didn't have the willpower to even take it off the shelf.
Best SF No. 21 from 2008 - short stories - I figured this was an easy way to spot an author I might like.

Now, anyone for more tea? Or there's home made elderberry wine, watch it, it's lethal.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I have a sore shoulder. He has a square tatoo in his bumper from my hitch receiver. Could be worse but I dont want a sore shoulder. Ow.

:Hug2:, Fen. That stinks!

There is apparently some video of the Santa sighting. Trying to acquire it now. In between waiting on the in-laws hand and foot (WHO THE EFF FORGETS HOW TO USE A TOASTER JUST BECAUSE THEY AREN'T AT THEIR HOUSE) and dealing with their crying. :Headbang: I may go to the mall so I can relax.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I may go to the mall so I can relax.
Feel free to go slightly too far and call in here for tea on your way. Guaranteed absolutely NO in-laws of any kind at all.

Oh dear, oh dear, I really sympathise with anyone having to put up with difficult relations I really do.

Now, I have to go read or I'll never get through these books. I'll be back with more tea after a chapter or so, keep your teeth gritted and your smiles clamped on now.:D

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, it must be a holiday because some idiot ended my 14 year Not Being A Magnet For Vehicles and Various Degrees of Idiot Drivers.

Man, that sucks, I'm sorry. )-: Unsolicited advice: get your shoulder checked out next week, at the first opportunity. If something's wrong, the sooner you start the paper trail, the less hassle dealing w/ the insurance cos. will be. Did the police show up at the accident scene?

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score

That sucks. :( *hugs* I hope your shoulder feels better soon.

There is apparently some video of the Santa sighting. Trying to acquire it now. In between waiting on the in-laws hand and foot (WHO THE EFF FORGETS HOW TO USE A TOASTER JUST BECAUSE THEY AREN'T AT THEIR HOUSE) and dealing with their crying. :Headbang: I may go to the mall so I can relax.

A video would be awesome. And the toaster thing...yeah...that's a little above and beyond. It's gotta be bad if you use the words "relax" and "mall" in the same sentence. :( :Hug2:

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com
Just grabbed your book for the kindle. Sounds like a really interesting story. I can't imagine how much research you did, sounds like a ton based on the blurb. ;)

Independent research and some grad level stuff I did. My first not-a-short-story sale, so wee bit nervous. I'm proud of the work that went into it, though I know my writing as improved since I wrote it.

But that's a good thing I suppose :)

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com

Oh, Fenika, I'm sorry. I hope you heal quickly.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com

:(! I hope your shoulder feels better soon, Fenika! What a crappy thing to have happen at the holidays.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Spent the day poking through thrift stores with my mom. Best find was a very nice depression glass platter for all of $2.40. It will display cookies very soon...

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com

Ugh. I hope you're okay. They are all nuts out there today.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. My little cousin is into yoga so I got a free private session (too cute). I'm also about to go into a food coma. Mmmm.

And I called the police but then figured they had better things to do. We swapped info and then went on our way. Hopefully there won't be a problem with a claim.

unruley700

save us from sleep and what we are
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Holidays, cantina. As a gift to myself, I will write.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*wanders alone through empty Cantina*

*sits at the bar and downs one glass of water after the other*

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still here, 10. haven't really had anything to contribute to the conversation today. sigh.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*installs choco fountains* woooo weeee!

Status
Not open for further replies.