The Bouncy Castle in Space

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

That's totally my answer. I mean, what else would that dotted line be? Don't tell me there's actually a name for that...

Erm, I know very little math beyond 2+2. :D

Purple Tulip

Wielding power tools like an Amazon
Registered
Reaction score
Count 4 cattle grates when the pavement ends
I was inspired by a college professor to make literary allusions in all of the word problems on my student's math tests. I cross off the ones that come with the test and attach the same problems, but with my wording. Such as...

Mr McGregor has a garden that is x feet long....
The Baudelaire children had a bad day at the bank when they learned that if they deposited their money into an account yesterday, they would have received a deal for compounding interest at x%...
Ms. Mauvis has an isosceles triangle. She knows two of the angles...
If Edward Cullen leaves LA traveling at x mph and Cedric Diggory leaves New York on Harry's broom traveling at x mph...

Kids love mash-ups.

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
You should give extra credit if they can identify the title/author. That would have made someone like me ... well, maybe not look forward to math tests, but not dread them quite so much!

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
OMG, you guys, I don't know whether to bounce or curl up behind the chocolate fountain. Maybe I'll just bite my fingernails...

So, for those of you following my dating saga...

I gots me a new one, very charming, good sense of humor, doing everything right so far, looking forward to meeting him. We were gonna get together for coffee this week...

But he has to take a rain check. While he goes back home for a family emergency.

No big deal, I'm not a patient person but I can wait.

Except "back home" is Iran.

And he didn't have permission to leave. Snuck out after the revolution, hasn't been back in 30 years.

So...everybody cross your fingers or pray or whatever you do. He has a son and a 5-month-old grandson and a sweet little ranch here in the US. He'd really like to come back.

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that's brave, going back without knowing if they'll let you out. How long is he planning to stay? I guess until the emergency is taken care of.

I know a few Iranians, and they're all wonderful people. Two of my daughter's good friends are from Syria and Iran. It's hard to find any North Koreans outside of North Korea, though, so I gave up on my dream of having an Axis of Evil playdate.

Funny story, one of my Iranian friends started telling people he's from Persia, and my friend asked, "Oh, you're from Peru?" - that from a Stanford grad.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yikes, Judy. My fingers are crossed.

I have a very good friend from Ghana who's here on a visa. His father became seriously ill (and ultimately died), but he couldn't go home because he wouldn't have been allowed to return.

His dad told him to stay here.

:e2cry:

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that's brave, going back without knowing if they'll let you out. How long is he planning to stay? I guess until the emergency is taken care of.
Yeah, I don't know the details. He's hoping to be back in 3-4 weeks. Assuming he doesn't get arrested, and he's allowed to leave... I don't even know if he's gotten US citizenship or not.
I know a few Iranians, and they're all wonderful people. Two of my daughter's good friends are from Syria and Iran. It's hard to find any North Koreans outside of North Korea, though, so I gave up on my dream of having an Axis of Evil playdate.
Oh, darn!

It's so weird. I may decide once I meet him--if I ever meet him--that I don't even like him. But in the meantime...I just can't imagine everything he must be going through.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, this place is dead too - I thought no one in their right mind left a jumping castle... guess I was wrong:D

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This place is never dead. But we do have to sometimes take a break from all the jumping.

:Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Did someone say Bouncy Castle?

qp45ro.gif

(What? Not what you meant? Fine!)

5952c5f2.jpg

timp67

Guinea pig in the laboratory of God
Registered
Reaction score
All kinds of bouncy castles are good! :)

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
No! Not the pointy sticks!!!!

Oh, wait, can I borrow that? I needs to roast a marshmallow...

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
I know this is probably old, but I saw this on someone's blog, and being the immature person that I am, I cracked up for probably 5 minutes:

pooh.L.jpg

timp67

Registered
Reaction score
Um ... are those dead bees in it? :p

ETA: Undigested bees ...

Last edited:

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
So...everybody cross your fingers or pray or whatever you do. He has a son and a 5-month-old grandson and a sweet little ranch here in the US. He'd really like to come back.

Fingers crossed, prayers said and rubbing my lucky rabbit's foot. Kidding about the rabbit's foot, I don't have one, but if I did, I would. What a brave soul to return to such a regime, especially with such upheaval in the Middle East in general. I truly wish the best for him and his family.

Can't stop laughing Sheila! That was the funniest thing I've heard today!

Did someone say Bouncy Castle?

qp45ro.gif

(What? Not what you meant? Fine!)

Now that's my kind of bouncy Castle! I'd hang out in a bouncy castle with Castle anytime!

My neighbors have twin three year olds and a bouncy castle. My three year old saw them out the window Saturday morning, but we wouldn't let him go out until he finished breakfast which took forever because he never eats anything. By the time we got out, bouncy castle was deflated. This went on all afternoon. Bouncy castle inflated - we get ready for outside - bouncy castle deflated! He never did get to play in the bouncy castle. He was so disappointed. :(

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
big huge major ANNOUNCEMENT!

Everyone paying attention? Good.

I'll be out of town for another work conference tomorrow through Wednesday. If there are any major catastrophes, PM Stew21.

But try not to destroy the place while I'm gone, okay? Any mayhem should include me. I'll be pissed if I miss it.

:Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump:

timp67

Registered
Reaction score
Smish is bouncing out of here! Bounce back soon. :)

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
he he he ... it's fun to mess with Stew21 when smish isn't looking... he he he...