Hello From The UK

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
Hey everyone! I'm still trying to find my way around this place but figured I'd come and say hi to people who live erm 'nearby'.

I'm from a wee village near the town of Paisley, in Scotland. (In other words I'm a 20-30 minute drive from Glasgow).

Any other Scots around? =D

Hello there! *waves* AbsoluteWrite has quite the Scottish community lurking around. :)

Yes. Lurking very close. ;)

I used to come here, and then I stopped, but now I'm back. Hurrah! I'm sure everyone's thrilled.

Welcome back!

I am no longer in East Midlands in England, I'm in the Highlands of Scotland. :)

Hey, you're up in my neck o' the woods (I'm in Nairn/Inverness). :D Hope you're enjoying it.

I'm wallowing gracelessly in the Sleepy Hollow known as Herefordshire where scrumping remains an artless way of life!

Fortunately, civilisation is mercifully close by in my beloved Cheltenham!

Oh, Cheltenham is beautiful. I went to the festival at the race course years ago (I want to say the 'Cheltenham Festival' but it might have a different name. I think it might have a religious bend? IDK, it was a long time ago and I mostly stuck to the literary tent) and had a great time. Beautiful weather and a lovely area.

jsselch

Spongebob Squarepants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.juliaselch.com
I'll wave hello too! :hi:

I'm German and currently living in Canada, but my boyfriend and I are thinking of moving to England. Not sure where/when yet, but I used to live near Oxford and liked it a lot.

M J Austwick

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, I live almost exactly where the counties of Surrey, Hampshire, and West Sussex meet though I am a Yorkshireman by birth.

Nice to meet you all.

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
I'm a Scotsman, from Kilbirnie in Ayrshire originally. (Parents are still there.)

Since leaving school and going to Uni I've lived in Glasgow, London, Stonehaven, Kinross and, since 2007, in Newfoundland, Canada.

My wife's from Tenbury Wells - she keeps me civilized.

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
Really pleased to join the community. I'm based in the Scottish Borders, surrounded by sheep. They love everything I write. Yay.

Koschei

eternally screaming
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in Scotland. I stay fairly near Falkirk and I love it here.

Elias Zapple

Elias Zapple
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.eliaszapple.com
Trip

Hey, going to get back to the UK in a month. I'll be in Reading, Berkshire. I just need to remember Kevlar. :)

Or as the MC in one of my favorite show shrieked to his parents: "When you moved, you had to move to bloody Reading!"

At lest it's not Slough, eh? :)

Tricky?

Elias Zapple

Elias Zapple
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.eliaszapple.com
I originally came out of a tulip in Camberwell before I relocated to a hill outside of Maputo. I have since returned to Camberwell due to its vibrant cultural scene.

Davewhoever

Dave Page
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
FYOG - Don't Wait Up

Just finished the draft on FYOG tonight.

Unwinding and letting the pressure die.

One week and then I start the rewrite

I came in at 86,626 and 272 with the Glossary and the other add on bits for front and back.

Based in Cirencester.

Davewhoever

Dave Page
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Reading University as part of FYOG Plot

Interesting about Reading because my PSCC Prison I based at Whiteknights on the East Side of the lake by the old Nuclear Bunker.

The home of the main character I based at Sonning.

I am originally from Shepherds Bush although at some point I have managed to take in most of the UK plus Singapore, Manila, Hamburg, Sophia Antipolis, Geyr, Brussels et al.

Biggest problem for me was always coming back to England as my wife wouldn't travel more than 20 mile a week.