I just bought gas for $2.89 a gallon yesterday...

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
Certainly not the airlines. They're still charging the fuel surcharge, except they're not going to call it surcharge now, just part of the fare.
I'm surprised they haven't switched to billing travelers with the following charges (to keep their standard fare low):

Landing fees...
Terminal gate surcharge...
Oxygen (in the plane) surcharge...

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
I'm surprised they haven't switched to billing travelers with the following charges (to keep their standard fare low):

Landing fees...
Terminal gate surcharge...
Oxygen (in the plane) surcharge...
Cruises are quoted just about like that now. My sister the travel agent says it's in part because agents only get paid on the base fare, not the additional charges, like the fuel surcharge.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
You guys are givin' me hope. I filled the jeep for $2.05 (with my Safeway card discount) tonight - which means the little Mexican deli/quick-stop that only takes cash will be under $2/gallon.

I honestly didn't think I'd ever see gas under two bucks a gallon, again in my lifetime.

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
I don't necessarily drive more or less than I did before, that's for sure. I group my errands based on location, but I've always done that. It's just that now I can go for longer stretches between gas station runs, and that extra cash will be a big help this Christmas.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
1.95!?!?!?

Let's how it lasts, and that no one forgets about alternative energy for another 30 years.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I don't necessarily drive more or less than I did before, that's for sure. I group my errands based on location, but I've always done that. It's just that now I can go for longer stretches between gas station runs, and that extra cash will be a big help this Christmas.

Ditto.

1.95 right now. Wahoo!

OneTeam OneDream

Been a long time...
Registered
Reaction score
I legitimately paid .95 a gallon the other day. Kroger (grocery chain) is running a special for every $100 you spend in groceries you get .10 off per gallon. We spent right at $1000 in groceries before the end of October so I used my discount off of 1.95

Filled up my tank for $17. Made me feel like a kid again!