Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Proof! I have proof that I've been working! If all y'all will hop/crawl/teleport/claw your way to the Goals & Accomplishments thread, you'll see my thread on my latest book review.

Because I really don't want to be whipped, y'know. I'm funny that way. :scared:

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
Proof! I have proof that I've been working! If all y'all will hop/crawl/teleport/claw your way to the Goals & Accomplishments thread, you'll see my thread on my latest book review.

i come here for that very reason??

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
DL, we have to talk.

Although this thread helped my latest book idea gel in my head--now all I want to do is go home and start worldbuilding! (It's not a pretty world, of course. What else would the Mistress and the Brothers inspire? :D)

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
DL, we have to talk.

Although this thread helped my latest book idea gel in my head--now all I want to do is go home and start worldbuilding! (It's not a pretty world, of course. What else would the Mistress and the Brothers inspire? :D)
lots of things:D

none of them to be spoken of in polite company:D

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
I rewrote my query (200-ish words) and it's being dissected in QLH as we speak.

Wrote one sentence of the synopsis for said book. Augh. But half the agents on my "WANT YOU TO REP ME!" list require a synop with the query. Bride of Augh.

Started initial research on a new book, which is, of course, procrastination for the requested rewrite of the mystery.

Does that mollify you, Mistress? Or should I strip and report to the whipping post?

Did you really want to be whipped? Why don't you go over there and eat cucumber yogurt and watch ABBA videos for a day or so instead?
Okay Jay, start cracking! I only squeezed out a loose 300. Had some trouble getting the flow. But it's a start. Words will still be tight but I'm going to strive for a single page a day to get back into the groove.

:Jaw: Of course, if there's stripping going on at the whipping post I might get a little distracted.

Gee...a little violent aren't we. I think you should go sit over there and eat all the steamed barley-sprouts you want while you watch 'Mary Poppins' for 24 hurs straight. That ought to get the evil sours out of you.

You aren't thinking bad thoughts are you, Haggis? Because, like if you are...then I think you need to watch 'SnowDogs' for a few days.
naked people? whipping? snacks?

Hmm.... we even have vegetables. What more could the thread need? :D

Anyway, oh Mistress of the Lash, I wrote some paying articles, some blog entries (which don't pay but are about my daughter and so sort of a legacy project) and... about 5k I think on WIP #2. :D

That is so nice. Have you seen the Rainbow Brite movie, because if you haven't then.....oh...but you wrote paying articles. I don't think you are thinking baddie waddie things so why don't you have a few whole bran cupcakes and listen to this recording I made of Barney the Dinosaur in concert!!!!!

I think we put ABBA on your I-Pod so you can listen to it 24/7 for a few days.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
ABBA? Mamma Mia!! I'm jamming to some classic rock (Yes, the Who, Zep) all of which can not measure up to the awesome power balladers that sailed from the lands of fjords and infinitely chilly weather but it will have to due.
run Pike before they corrupt you.

*cranks up her Denver and the Mile High Orchestra CDs to drown out the ABBA memories*
edges out the the door---and runs---fast!!

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
The last few posts prove that ABBA and yogurt is more powerful than napalm.

Not that napalm doesn't have its advantages.

I'm actually worried abpout myself. I just don't have the same homicidal tendencies in book 4 as I did in Shiva.

I killed three people in the first chapter of Shiva...and in Four, well I just think the first chapter will work better without the General shooting her assistant in the head.

I'm even contemplating not letting the Captain murder the Admiral.

I'm still, probably, going to blow up Earth and all of the Satan worshipping little woodland creatures along with it.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip:

gotcha.
...damn I'm good.

That would be slightly more impressive if some of them weren't out of formation. Those kind of mis-steps cost you points, you know.

(And before anyone hurls "band geek" my way- my marching was all for the military. :D)

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
That would be slightly more impressive if some of them weren't out of formation. Those kind of mis-steps cost you points, you know.

(And before anyone hurls "band geek" my way- my marching was all for the military. :D)

What is it about the concept of semi-rampant anarchy that is so hard for people to understand?

Anarchy = Libertarianism for poor people.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What is it about the concept of semi-rampant anarchy that is so hard for people to understand?

Anarchy = Libertarianism for poor people.

Anarchists would impress me more if the few I'd met weren't all closet authoritarians. I had a professor once who claimed to be an anarchist...

Except the only way to pass his class was to completely and slavishly agree with every opinion he held. I quit taking it bcs I got tired of listening to his authoritarian and completely inaccurate rants on American history, science, politics, and everything else.

:D

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Anarchists would impress me more if the few I'd met weren't all closet authoritarians. I had a professor once who claimed to be an anarchist...

Except the only way to pass his class was to completely and slavishly agree with every opinion he held. I quit taking it bcs I got tired of listening to his authoritarian and completely inaccurate rants on American history, science, politics, and everything else.

:D
Your teacher sounds like he was just a bad teacher. The goal of a teacher should be to open the minds of their students and expand their horizons.

I had two writing teachers very similar to yours. They were both chauvinists . They were small minded petty little men. One I had in HS--I actually got kicked out of his class twice for calling him on remarks he made and for questioning his authority. I learned to follow his rules and never give him what he wanted--and to beat all I got an A in his class :D

A teacher needs to expand horizons--not squash potential. People like your teacher and my two--fall into their labels--even when deep down inside they know they are wrong--or they know the label doesn’t fit who they truly are.

Ideals and beliefs are fine--and the counter points are excellent. I love both. Still, you can never totally accept something as a pure form. There is always the X-factor of the individual, and I think its swell.

I am ending with one of my favorite quotes: "Where all men think alike, no one thinks very much." -- Walter J. Lippmann

Climbs down off her soapbox and slinks away.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
All I'd add to the above discussion is that I really, really wanted to be a Political Science major, but given my political orientation and the orientation of the professors who taught me, it wasn't going to work out.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
All I'd add to the above discussion is that I really, really wanted to be a Political Science major, but given my political orientation and the orientation of the professors who taught me, it wasn't going to work out.

I was raised 'inside the Beltway', so as a result I pretty much had politics shoved down my throat, willing or not.

But....that little 'Pentagon' thing of theirs won't be able to block the Lurkers From Beyond, when the planets finally align, and the darkenss between the stars congeals, and the gibbering madness pours forth to engulf the land in CHAOS!

And then I, from my distant mountain top, I shall LAUGH at their 'politics'!

MUAHAHAHAHHHA
BWAHAHAHAHAHHA

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Jay, the Cthulhu on my monitor is wearing a Santa hat for the season. I wonder how many he'll fool? Cthulhu gets mighty hungry, dreaming down there in R'lyeh. :e2teeth:

'CthulhuClaus'. What a quaint idea.

I'll sacrifice a few reindeer.

...Oh Dasher, Oh Dancer, Oh Coooooooomet.....

Status
Not open for further replies.