Any "Iron and Wine" fans out there?

Jacob

Registered
Reaction score
I just picked up their new album "The Sheperds Dog" and I was really, really dissapointed. Wich sucks because Im a huge fan of Sam Beam but I really felt like this album was just way overproduced. Of course this is only my opinion and those of you who liked the more up-tempo sound of "Woman King" will most likely really enjoy it-the song writing is great as always. "The Sea and the Rythm" or "The Creek Drank the Cradle"are probably my favorite albums because I thought they were very organic sounding and he has a really melodic/soothing voice wich always adds alot to songs with just a couple of basic cords and not a whole lot of production but really great lyrics. Anyways ,I didnt mean for this to turn into a pseudo album review :) But Id like to hear your feedback.
Cheers
-J

ModoReese

Bang head here for service
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything but the title track yet, but the title track was enough to make me hesitate. I loved "Woman King", but only for a few months... then I got tired fast. When I heard Boy With A Coin, it seemed like it was more of the same sound and not as interesting....

I haven't heard anything before "Woman King", but I might give a shot based on what you've said above.