killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, I'm in AtCT!

Nope, zanzjan. I hope she's not been feeling weird for the last few days.

Maybe that explains why I felt weirdly compelled to watch football (American) for the very first time ever on Sunday. Please don't put me through that again. :cry:

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Um. Someone may have drawn something in the grey area. :gone:

Still, festive, no? :hooray:

If you want my opinion (and you do, I know it), that thing in the in the grey area looks like the fruit of the dong garden. But that's just what I see. :D

In 1-3 days I will be the proud owner of a nook simple touch.

Also my husband cleaned house. Said since he's broke that it's my birthday present. I'm good with that. We don't need even more things.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
MI:3 (waaaaaaay better than the first two. Plus, Phillip Seymour Hoffman should have earned an Oscar for his bad guy).

:Jaw:

Our days of fraternal kinship are at an end. Am I the *only* one who enjoyed the first one and found the twists and turns engaging, and was disappointed when subsequent sequels turned it all into an action-fest?

Not to mention they got damn near EVERYTHING wrong about the geography of Shanghai. And they @#$% filmed there, for pity's sake.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
OMG. I finally finished the synopsis I've been struggling with. A friend challenged me to have it done today, and I did it. Feels like a giant weight has been lifted off of me.

Happy B-day, TJ!

I am so behind in movie-watching, it's not funny.

Erm. So, today I was asked for my resume by the HR department of a large Internet company whose name has become a verb. I'm trying very hard not to be excited.

JMercedesD

Our Angels are Different
Registered
Reaction score
OMG. I finally finished the synopsis I've been struggling with. A friend challenged me to have it done today, and I did it. Feels like a giant weight has been lifted off of me.

Happy B-day, TJ!

Erm. So, today I was asked for my resume by the HR department of a large Internet company whose name has become a verb. I'm trying very hard not to be excited.

OMG! Grats on both fronts! :D

Oh, and Happy b-day, TJ! :3 *hands you cupcake*

unruley700

save us from sleep and what we are
Registered
Reaction score
Because. The smell of the despair and the mold is getting to me.

The mold is growing on the apathy.

And glad to see you my friend.
Good to see you, Bettie.

Our days of fraternal kinship are at an end. Am I the *only* one who enjoyed the first one and found the twists and turns engaging, and was disappointed when subsequent sequels turned it all into an action-fest?

Not to mention they got damn near EVERYTHING wrong about the geography of Shanghai. And they @#$% filmed there, for pity's sake.

I hated the first two. Didn't even watch the newest.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

MI:3 was actually really good and Phillip Seymore Hoffman stole the movie. I enjoyed 1, but 2 was awful.

Haven't seen 4 yet.

As for accuracy, Hollywood is like a C- history student. Technically they pass the course, but for the last time, the Mongols did not invade Texas during the Quasi-War with France!

unruley700

Registered
Reaction score
Wait. This is the fourth movie?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
MI:3 was actually really good and Phillip Seymore Hoffman stole the movie. I enjoyed 1, but 2 was awful.

In full agreement on 2.

I know Hollywood gets things wrong, but I expect different levels of wrongess from different productions. When Smallville said there were mountains in Shanghai (which is on a floodplain), I was like, eh, they couldn't be bothered to Google it, but ok, it's the CW, so meh.

But when Cruise and Co came to Shanghai, and made a big deal out of it, I rather expected they get it mostly right. Instead of mostly wrong.

It may have disproportionately irked me.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score

Happy B-day, TJ!

Be excited. Be soooo excited. :)

And YAY for the synopsis! I'm diving in on my second in two days. *falls of diving board into empty pool*

But when Cruise and Co came to Shanghai, and made a big deal out of it, I rather expected they get it mostly right. Instead of mostly wrong.

It may have disproportionately irked me.

Is that not your natural state though, Mr. Bos? Disproportionately irked?

:D

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, i just grossed myself out. I was trying to express how horrible Mary Sue is. I ended up calling her an "author condom."

Wrong. Just wrong. I'm going to have to brain bleach my own imagination.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Staying up late, locked in the office with my cat to see if she throws up, isn't as glamorous as it sounds.

unruley700

Registered
Reaction score
Staying up late, locked in the office with my cat to see if she throws up, isn't as glamorous as it sounds.

But...it doesn't sound glamorous at all. To be honest, it sounds a little bit on the shitty side.

Status
Not open for further replies.