Where do you write?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristin724

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kristinbattestella.blogspot.com
Well my laptop cord broke and I'm waiting for the new one to arrive, so its editing at the rebuilt desk top. Now that I'm in our office more, I feel the need to rearrange it-even though its already in the best placement possible.

MsGneiss

Registered
Reaction score
I could never write in a designated writing space - for example, a home office. I wrote about 80% of my first novel (currently with an agent, getting ready for subs, wooo!) on my laptop, while riding the NYC Subway and the Staten Island Ferry. The other 20% I wrote in assorted Manhattan cafes, and while sitting in class!

I started working on my second novel recently, and sat down at a proper table, with a proper computer, and a proper cup of coffee. I sat there like that for about half an hour before I realized that it wasn't going to work! I do my best writing in places where one would hardly be expected to write fiction.

Nivarion

Brony level >9000
Registered
Reaction score
in the dark.

at night or in the closet. with loud headphones in.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Restaurants with a window to sit and gaze out is where I do my creation. Edits and fill in writing to sections created while at the restaurant is done on my desktop computer. I have a laptop but haven't used it much except when traveling. When traveling I write on the laptop in the hotel room or at a restaurant.

My husband and I purchased a used travel trailer last year and hope to renovate it into a writing studio for me when the weather warms up. It will be interesting to see if it works for me as well as writing at a restaurant. I hope so. The window will be facing a woods and that is preferable to ignoring a parking lot while looking out the restaurant's window.

Angel_Lorena26

Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes it is at my messy desk other times I drag my laptop over to bed and try working there thought it's a little ackward and uncomfortable.

Elizablue

A Writer I Would Be....
Registered
Reaction score
In my car while sitting in parking lots, people watching. At my desk in front of a huge old oak tree. On planes using other's napkins after I run out of paper. Pretty much...anywhere

deserata

writerly painter
Registered
Reaction score
I tend to write in my bedroom, although I will get sick of shutting myself up in there and feel like it sucks the creative energy right out of me.

Nothing makes me productive like a change of environment, so I like getting up early and going to a cafe. However, I'm away at uni right now and there are no nice little cafes in town, unless you count Panera or Starbucks. And I don't.

Fade

The Captain of My Soul
Registered
Reaction score
In the dark while relaxing on a dog-fur-covered couch that is older than I am. It doesn't matter whether I'm lying down or sitting up; the dog-fur-covered couch makes me think better.

Status
Not open for further replies.