Poll: Do you click links in signatures?

Do you click signature links?

• Total voters

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Notices shiny glasses on ferret... "ohhh pretty! Im sorry, I forgot what this thread was about."

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
I'm a frequent clicker, tho' usually it depends whose link it is and whether I (dis)like 'em or not.

-Derek

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
If one looks interesting, I will - provided it's not in one of those forums where it might not be such a great idea.

And no, mine's nothing naughty - just my totally boring blog about my adventures making dolls.

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
I'll click, but I'm in the category who gets twitchy when there's more than a line or two in the sig line.

Quotes are cool.

Personally, I think what the book/story/site is like is more enticing. I don't read fantasy, so if the pix, title, etc. look fantasy-like, I'm not very clicky. I could be missing stuff...

And big ol' pix in the sig line make my quills stand up. Yech.

One last thing-- I refuse to go to MySpace, Facebook, or other freinding places. It's an antisocial thing.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
The likelihood of my clicking is directly proportional to my estimation of the poster.

And after reading this thread, I hope I haven't contributed to anyone's eyeball cramps with my sig lines. Oh dear.

Last edited:

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
But, of course, now I'm clicking on the links willy nilly from this thread just because I can't seem to help myself. Thanks a lot, Bart.

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
True, but I don't have to look at it.

I just found the pictures and links and sayings and whatnot took a fair amount of time to scroll through, especially when popping in during lunch at work. No time for a leisurely read any more; I've got the boss staring over my shoulder now.

Last edited:

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
"Ph-ngliu mglw'nafh Chtulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."
Gaaaah! Typos in siglines infuriate me! If you can't get this simple phrase right (Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn) what must your links be like?

-Derek

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
I have signatures turned off.

I'm most tempted to do this; in fact I think I will try it out for a while, my eyes will probably thank me.

I just shut them off, omg, this is fabulous. Much easier on the brain.

Last edited:

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
Didn't know you could shut them off

Good morning max (it's very early here) :) - go to UserCP, choose Edit Options, and scroll down to Thread Display Options, "Visible Post Elements". The first one will be "Show Signatures". To shut them off just click on the blue checked box, which will go white, then they're off. Just click it again to turn them back on.

I plan to turn mine on every few months or so just to see if I'm missing anything good in anyone's siggie, then shut them off again.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Back when I had a dial-up, sigs off was the only way to fly. When we finally got broadband, I turned signatures back on during my first visit here. It was horrific. I won't name names, but there were graphics and animation so large and busy that those people went on my ignore list. I don't want to get to know better anybody who thinks it's perfectly all right to demand you pay them attention.

Maryn, sourpuss