raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
*Kicks Kris's ex-friend*

What an absolute douche.

Haupe, I have a work-thing tonight - someone will probably end up taking pictures. If there's one that isn't heinous, I will post it. :)

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
Kris, you should be able to still report him to FB even though you blocked him or he suspended his account.

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kris he's pathetic. Sounds like he needs a good hard painful reality check. But he probably just miss the point and use it to cry about.

Kris

like motherf&cking Tolstoy
VPXIII
Registered
Reaction score
Sunna that was a great image.

Steve, I want to report him, but I can't figure out how.

I may just wait and see if this is the end of it. I also need to really learn a lesson from this, I think, to pay more attention to my instincts about people. I've known for years that this guy was at best a waste of my time.

I was just suckered by the whole "Hey lets' get some people in a room who haven't seen each other for 20 years" thing. (Which, admittedly would have been great if this guy wasn't' in the mix!)

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
Steve, I want to report him, but I can't figure out how.

Did you look at the Help Center information?

You can access it by going to your FB homepage & on the top banner you will see your Profile Name, the word "Home" and down arrow Click on down arrow. Then select "Help" and then "Visit the Help Center" Then click on "Report Abuse and Policy Violations"

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
(((Kris))) I have nothing productive to add to what the others said, so I’ll just offer hugs.

You guys who are master gardeners make me jealous. Tiny awesome — I noticed yesterday that my hydrangea has buds. It hasn’t ever bloomed before, and my mom bought and planted it for me, so I am THRILLED. :)

Revisions are going. First line beta had good feedback. She pointed out a couple of “reporter” things that “Jane and Joe Schmoe” might not understand, and I *think* I figured out how to explain without infodumping. 2 grafs, one in ch 1 and one in ch2. Is that too much? Opinions, please. That was one of the things the editor complimented was my “great job doling out info” and I don’t want to mess that up while trying to fix other things.

WritingDemons

Reclusive doesn't begin to cover it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jackykendricks.blogspot.com
I feel the same way, LWalker. It's been decided that if my sister get a house before me, I'm going to move with her. She will give me a garden, and I will cook food for her.

It seems like a fair trade. :D

I'm still stuck doing revisions. Stupid fight scenes. *lurks at the Revisionland bar*

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
Problem: So far, I’ve managed to add 1000 words.

But I’m almost sure that’ll be remedied when I hack out the romance in the 2nd half. I hope.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
*dropping in* Lwalker, most hydrangeas bloom on old wood, so don't prune them until right after they bloom, if at all. Many florist hydrangeas are a bit tender, so if they leaf out a little in late winter and then get nipped by frosts, they won't bloom. If yours hasn't bloomed, consider replanting in a sheltered spot near the house. I have some slightly tender hydrangeas that I keep in giant pots and overwinter in a cold greenhouse.

But after this year's mild winter, the hydrangeas will be gorgeous.

ETA: An unheated garage would work too.

Last edited:

phoenix

rising from the ashes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lizmichalski.com
Hey all! I ordered some samples from bl@ck ph03nix, and while I LOVE the scents, they don't seem to last long at all. Has anyone else experienced this?

Two hummingbirds are fighting over my feeder in the rain. Little aerial duelists.

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Today's comment (while watching me get dressed, because he's annoying like that) "You know, you really don't have *that* much fat on you."

Mind you, this was me feeling pretty good before this, as I finally got to the point yesterday where I fall into 'normal' on a BMI chart. Grr.

:Wha:

Last night's fun: bridesmaid dress shopping.

One of my oldest and dearest friends is getting married in July. She's a tall, thin blonde. Her other two bridesmaids are tall, thin, blondes.

Then there's me.

So the bride (visiting LA for the weekend), one of the other bridesmaids (who lives near me and has become over the last three years since we were introduced, a very close and awesome friend) headed out for some dress shopping. The two tall blondes will be wearing a peachy nude shade and me? I'll be wearing a delightful color called "fawn." And yes, that is brown. *dies*

But we ended up at Nordy's trying one tons of crazy dresses just for fun. Only at some point, when the two of them look gorgeous in everything they tried on and the only dress that actually fit me made me look like an overstuffed real housewife of New Jersey, it stops being fun.

Ugh. Some days I'm less okay with my body type than others.

Blondchen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Kris, dude sounds like he's mentally ill, which means you're doing all the right things by not engaging.

I'm so glad he lives FAR AWAY FROM YOU.

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
:Wha:

Last night's fun: bridesmaid dress shopping.

One of my oldest and dearest friends is getting married in July. She's a tall, thin blonde. Her other two bridesmaids are tall, thin, blondes.

Then there's me.

So the bride (visiting LA for the weekend), one of the other bridesmaids (who lives near me and has become over the last three years since we were introduced, a very close and awesome friend) headed out for some dress shopping. The two tall blondes will be wearing a peachy nude shade and me? I'll be wearing a delightful color called "fawn." And yes, that is brown. *dies*

But we ended up at Nordy's trying one tons of crazy dresses just for fun. Only at some point, when the two of them look gorgeous in everything they tried on and the only dress that actually fit me made me look like an overstuffed real housewife of New Jersey, it stops being fun.

Ugh. Some days I'm less okay with my body type than others.

You are gorgeous. Bridesmaid dresses are generally evil. :heart:

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Check D@vid's Br!dal for a dress in the same peach color. They have a ton of different styles of bridesmaid dresses, so you only have to match the color and formality with a dress that fits you.

They even come in separates for custom sizing.

Blondchen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
"Fawn"

Fawn.jpg

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
I think that's a beautiful dress/color and would be gorgeous on you, Blondie. All eyes will be on you, dear.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If that's the color dress you're stuck with, it demands brighter hair and make-up than usual. I don't hate it, but it's not a color I'd have chosen for your coloring.

It's also not the color of any fawn I've ever seen.

Maryn, who's got deer in the yard nightly

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
(((Kris))) No other advice to add, but what a creep.

(((Blond))) I have no doubt you will look gorgeous in whatever you wear.

I'm having one of those days where work is giving me homicidal fantasies. *sigh*

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
{{{Blond}}} Been there with the bridesmaid's dresses.

I do, however, own a risque nightgown in exactly that color. It drives Mr. Lily wild. So I totally agree that it's *you* in the dress that people will be admiring. With Maryn's makeup tip, you shall dazzle 'em.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Holy crickets. Just staggered home to Dorset. *is dead*

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Glad you're home safe, Para. *fires up the AED to shock you back to life*

Because I want to read your books, yanno.

Speaking of books (NOT that kind!), May I say that the last lines of Red's book were so utterly perfect it scared me.

So... she lied. She said the book wouldn't scare me. When she returns from her trip and her headcold, I'm going to point out her duplicity. :tongue

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
Blond, what Maryn and Lily said. But *hugs* anyway. Dress shopping generally makes me homicidal. It's a million times worse when it's not your choice :(

Status
Not open for further replies.