Reaction score
*runs in. Steals Brownie Plops self on big Comfy Couch*

'Nother new client.

So. Tired.

*snorples everyone*

JBuck

Registered
Reaction score
LWalker, that is wonderful news! Congratulations!

*sneaks in with garbage bag filled with screwed up pages of old manuscripts. Tosses paper balls around to give the place a messy, arty vibe. Blushes in the corner when fellow purgies read my cringeworthy writing*

Kris

like motherf&cking Tolstoy
VPXIII
Registered
Reaction score
Mmmmm, bread! And Killer Brownies! And cake! And darling smiley doggies.

And here's a Turkish book fort:

turkishbookvilladusesinzaferi.jpg
turkishbookfort.jpg

I don't have the letters with the right dots and squigglies, but it's S3COND DUCH3SS in Turkish, or DUS3SIN ZAF3RI. Go, Turkey! :)

I was so intrigued by what a Turkish book fort would turn out to be. Dusted with powdered sugar, or served with cardamom? NOW I understand :)

Elisabetta

Watching the world go by
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elizabethloupas.com
I was so intrigued by what a Turkish book fort would turn out to be. Dusted with powdered sugar, or served with cardamom? NOW I understand :)

LOL! I thought the same thing! Would have added powdered sugar, but I don't have any on hand. :)

Whoo-hoo, LynDee! Kill those revisions!

Brandy

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet
Registered
Reaction score
Yay!!! Happy start to the new thread. :)

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Love the book fort, and yay LWalker!

Trucking off to karate class tonight where kiddo is testing for her belt (which requires that she master another kata, which she's been putting off forever. She hates performing in front of groups, which would boggle your mind if you ever met this little social butterfly)

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been clicking and totally missed the move. :)

*Puts fresh mint and mint syrup in the fridge for mint juleps*

Woot, LWalker!!!

I had this in the other thread, but took it out until I decided if it was ok. A True Story about Mint Julep and Time Machines. Feel free to comment. I'm trying to be more proactive about posting to my blog.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Holy hoppity christ, where am I?

Who are you people?

Where's the bar?

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
To all that is holy and unholy. I almost gave myself cold chills drinking coffee. THIS is the first cup of coffee I've had all day. I was out at work and at home.

Kris

like motherf&cking Tolstoy
VPXIII
Registered
Reaction score
Yay Lwalker! Good luck!!!

Teriann

optimist
Registered
Reaction score
AWWWW I wanted to post on the first page.

So there is a topic I've been really interested in, and wasn't able to find much information, and I'd been playing with the idea of proposing a nonfiction book on the topic . . . then, I discovered SOMEONE ELSE ALREADY WROTE THE BOOK.

This is good.

Someone, I forgot who, said, "Why should I spend a year writing book when I can buy one for five bucks?"

Sort of how I feel . . . *runs off to buy the book.*

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
LWalker, those are some fab comments!! You can doo eet!! :snoopy:

*throws confetti*
*runs out*

LGwenn

Rollin' Boulders, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Inspired by Caleb, I bought a mushroom grow kit. Supposedly It just takes a daily mist and *poof* Oyster mushrooms. I'll letch'all know.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
I like eating flowers. It makes me feel like a fairy or Mopsy, maybe a slug.

Nice place! Pretty book fort. Yay Lwalker!

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Inspired by Caleb, I bought a mushroom grow kit. Supposedly It just takes a daily mist and *poof* Oyster mushrooms. I'll letch'all know.

*feels all warm and cuddly on the inside* Let me know how it works out!

My last shipment of trees and plants for the season has arrived today. It includes:

3 bundles of wild asparagus that I planted in my asparagus patch (I only ordered two but they sent an extra).

2 ramps (wild leeks)

2 Nine Star Perennial broccoli. It produces small broccoli heads that are somewhere between broccoli and cauliflower in flavor and texture for 3 years and also was selected for much larger leaves that can be used like kale.

Another wild northern pecan

1 lead plant - it's a plains legume that roots system can spread up to 15' feet and set nitrogen in the soil. The leaves also can be used for tea. I planted it in the middle of my small sweet cherry orchard.

2 Wild German sweet cherry I only ordered one but they sent me an extra.

1 wild timber variety sweet cherry from Denmark.

The wild cherry varieties are both for food and as additional pollinators for my bing cherry and my black tartaran cherry. Now I don't know if they are true to form to wild sweet cherry varieties of Europe, never been to Europe to go wild harvesting in the woods, but I have no reason to doubt this company because they've never falsified any plants I've ordered from them thus far.

Thus that ends my plant ordering for the season.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Caleb, I feel so... ordinary. :) We'll be buying plants for our veg garden in 2 weeks. Broccoli, cucumbers, zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, carrots, lettuce, beans, peas. The garlic I planted last year is already a foot and a half high.

See? Ordinary. Stuff we eat, stuff that can be forzen or canned. We have an apple tree, too, and some raspberry canes that I can't get to produce anything but thorns. :mad: We'll also plant marigolds to keep the rabbits out.

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nah not ordinary. Just good gardening. I try to balance edible perennial gardening with my annual gardening. I'm also big on mixing wild with domestic varieties to increase genetic diversity because I've repeatedly read how of vegetable plants there is only about a 1/3 of the varieties of seeds in seed catalogues that there use to be from say a hundred years ago.

I guess it's my way of hoping that after I'm gone someone will find my mixed and hybrid selections and use it for their own benefit

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, my god.

I was looking at her email trying to get going on revising, and noticed that I spelled her name wrong. :( twice. :( :(

So, being me, I fired off a short apology for that, and now am angsty that I've screwed up this chance by coming across as a pain in the ass.

Gah!!

Thank you all for the cheers and sweet reps. Let's hope I haven't irritated the hell out of her after she was so nice.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Lwalker, obviously she wasn't bothered! Editors and agents are bothered by that when they don't like the manuscript. If the do, they forgive a LOT.

Heehee, Teriann. I like that attitude. I have a nonfiction PB I want to write before someone else does, but it's so much research for so little potential payoff that maybe I should just be grateful if that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.