OFFSPRING: The Call - Virtual Book Release Party!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
Liam, if your book is anywhere near that disturbing it may f*** me up for life.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Flapdoodle said:
Well done. I think I'll get myself onto Amazon.com and get a copy sent over to the UK.
Dang, didn't see this before now ... Offspring is available all over the world. Hop over to Liam's website and scroll to the bottom of the first page, we have links to online bookstores from Japan to Germany, including Amazon UK. I even spotted it on a site from Norway.

Last edited:

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
Phew! Just finished Offspring (yes, I'm a pathtically slow reader) and have to say how much I enjoyed it. There were quite a lot of characters to juggle and yet I never felt lost. It moved with a pace that picked up speed all the way through. There is a lot to say about the book, all of which are good! Colorful metaphors, details that opened my eyes without beating over the head, and some vile bad guys that make the heroes squirm. Bravo Liam!

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
I'm working on it now. Excellent so far. typo on page...183 I think? Horace is misspelled as Hoarce. I'll reserve all else until I finish it.
Liam-when's the signing in H-town, I never heard from you, did I miss it?

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Pike said:
Phew! Just finished Offspring (yes, I'm a pathtically slow reader) and have to say how much I enjoyed it. There were quite a lot of characters to juggle and yet I never felt lost. It moved with a pace that picked up speed all the way through. There is a lot to say about the book, all of which are good! Colorful metaphors, details that opened my eyes without beating over the head, and some vile bad guys that make the heroes squirm. Bravo Liam!

Yup. Honestly, it's one of the best reads I've had this year. And I'm not just saying that so Liam won't ban me. Although...;)

Outlaw

Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
It's on my Christmas list and my wife better get it for me. I need to see how its done. Hopefully, there are some secrets to getting published in there.;)

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
I think one of his "secrets" is solid writing. Words and scenes flowed so smoothly with each other that I spent some time re-evaluating my own work to see where I faltered and where I could improve. I find that I do this often after reading a good book, not banging my head over ideas but over the structure and flow.

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
I'll add to this that the WIP I'm working on involves a bunch of charaacters, and thus is laid out similarly to Liam's, POV shift every chapter or more, etc. I was gratified to see two chapters back to back with the same POV character, which legitimized something I had done and wasn't sure about. Thanks, Liam!
(I'm slow on this one, but almost done, very very good stuff.)

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
Talking to me? No, not until it's finished, I may post a chapter or two. I have put two shorts up there, and the first chapter from my first novel, although that chapter will be cut completely.

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, I finished Offspring, and just wanted to say that it's really excellent work. Loved the end, great characters, I can't say enough good things about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.